Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sierra won't boot with GTX 750 Ti, neither with Web Drivers nor with nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3647
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790
Graphics
GeForce GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm facing a problem that I can't seem to overcome. I am trying to make an EVGA GTX 750 TI card work with my Sierra installation. I've successfully installed the Nvidia Web Drivers (they are correctly enabled on the config.plist), but I can't boot into the OS with the 750.
The booting process is stuck at the point seen in the attached screens (two pictures, the second one is with nv_disable=1).
The weird thing is that I can't boot even when using nv_disable=1 boot flag.

If I go back to my GeForce 9600 GT I can successfully boot with nv_disable=1 (I didn't go all the way to set up this card at all). I can also boot normally with the onboard VGA. No luck with the 750, and I can't understand the reason why.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

IMG_8380.jpeg IMG_8381.jpeg

p.s.: the forum rotates one of the two images, I'm not sure why since I uploaded the normal, non-rotated, version (same as the first picture).

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm facing a problem that I can't seem to overcome. I am trying to make an EVGA GTX 750 TI card work with my Sierra installation. I've successfully installed the Nvidia Web Drivers (they are correctly enabled on the config.plist), but I can't boot into the OS with the 750.
The booting process is stuck at the point seen in the attached screens (two pictures, the second one is with nv_disable=1).
The weird thing is that I can't boot even when using nv_disable=1 boot flag.

If I go back to my GeForce 9600 GT I can successfully boot with nv_disable=1 (I didn't go all the way to set up this card at all). I can also boot normally with the onboard VGA. No luck with the 750, and I can't understand the reason why.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

p.s.: for some reason the pictures won't show on the message body, but clicking on the X icon will open them in a different tab.
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

use site attachments for your images

Done. Thanks. :)

I tried the Sierra USB installation disk, same problem. The system can't boot from the USB (the one that was used to successfully install Sierra), so maybe there's something fundamentally wrong with the combination of Sierra and my GTX 750 TI?!?!
I also tried different SMBIOS signatures (MacPro 4,1 - 5,1 and iMac 14,2 - 14,1) with no success.
I'll give El Capitan a shot, but it's kind of disappointing to fall back to an older OS version. Any other ideas?

I managed to find the solution. The booting process was stuck at "pci configuration begin" (sometimes stuck right before printing this log entry, like in the attached pictures above). Adding "npci=x2000" in the boot parameters solved the issue. The system booted normally and the card is being recognized successfully using the Nvidia Web Drivers. I have 1080p resolution with HDMI in my external monitor/tv.

As recognition for the help, I want to reference the source of my solution here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-me-stuck-at-pci-configuration-begin.68894/

I managed to find the solution. The booting process was stuck at "pci configuration begin" (sometimes stuck right before printing this log entry, like in the attached pictures above). Adding "npci=x2000" in the boot parameters solved the issue. The system booted normally and the card is being recognized successfully using the Nvidia Web Drivers. I have 1080p resolution with HDMI in my external monitor/tv.

As recognition for the help, I want to reference the source of my solution here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-me-stuck-at-pci-configuration-begin.68894/

Mind sharing your config?

Sure, here you go.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 509
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back