Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have 2 Samsung 850 EVO drives installed - and BIOS sees both of them.

I'm using a Sierra install USB with clover with FakeSMC, HWInfo and NullCPUPowMan Kext files - but I have not done any fancy work with configurator or config.plist (primarily due to newbness)

The install seems to go swimmingly until I get to the drive selection screen, and it only sees the USB drive

9AD8GvMpITFYX4kOgN2n.jpg

Any thoughts or help?

I have 2 Samsung 850 EVO drives installed - and BIOS sees both of them.

I'm using a Sierra install USB with clover with FakeSMC, HWInfo and NullCPUPowMan Kext files - but I have not done any fancy work with configurator or config.plist (primarily due to newbness)

The install seems to go swimmingly until I get to the drive selection screen, and it only sees the USB drive

9AD8GvMpITFYX4kOgN2n.jpg

Any thoughts or help?

Did you create an HFS+J partition to serve as the installation target in Disk Utility?

I formatted the USB to MacOSextended Journaled before putting Sierra/Clover/Kexts/Multibeast onto the drive, but I didn't create a partition - since my drive is only just big enough to do this (16GB) - what do the sizes of the partitions need to be, and what goes on which?

Also, forgive what feels like a stupid question, but this line of troubleshooting is going to get me to where I can install Sierra to one of the SSDs, then remove the USB from the equation after successful install, right?

I formatted the USB to MacOSextended Journaled before putting Sierra/Clover/Kexts/Multibeast onto the drive, but I didn't create a partition - since my drive is only just big enough to do this (16GB) - what do the sizes of the partitions need to be, and what goes on which?

You need to partition your SSDs with Disk Utility (available from the Installer). The USB has nothing to do with it...

Also, forgive what feels like a stupid question, but this line of troubleshooting is going to get me to where I can install Sierra to one of the SSDs, then remove the USB from the equation after successful install, right?

Eventually, you will install Clover to the SSD (and configure it correctly for your hardware) such that you can boot into Clover directly from the SSD.

// I'm with you now, but the problem persists in Disk Utility - the SSDs aren't available to format. (image forthcoming)

Last edited:
EFI attached -
not sure how/where to run lspci -nn on the new box (tried in the clover shell to no avail)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
EFI attached -
not sure how/where to run lspci -nn on the new box (tried in the clover shell to no avail)

Create Ubuntu USB. Run Ubuntu from USB. Run Terminal. Run the command. Collect output and paste it in a reply.

EFI attached -

Very messy config.plist.... way too many DSDT/Fixes... Likely to break ACPI (SATA is dependent on working/correct SSDTs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back