Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] - Sierra (10.12.5) boot stuck after Multibeast Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so i reinstalled Sierra using a fresh copy of Unibeast (new usb + clean install etc.) and followed the Guide and checked BIOS for XHCI handoff being enabled. Post install, ran MultiBeast 9.1.0 with System ID UEFI bootloader + iMac 14,2 + Audio drivers. Again stuck on reboot, sharing the screenshot.

Components :
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Wifi (rev 1)
Intel i5 6600
Corsair 8 GB DDR4 Ram
Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD

The version of Clover that is included in MultiBeast is too old to boot your version of Sierra.
See Post #2.

The version of Clover that is included in MultiBeast is too old to boot your version of Sierra.
See Post #2.
PILGRIM,
Thanks for your response. Can you help me with a guide for a clover (post unibeast) install i.e. after completing the unibeast sierra install.

Can you help me with a guide for a clover (post unibeast)

You can use MultiBeast to install Clover and generate your config.plist but then you must update it.
Download Clover and then run the installer.
The Clover installer should detect all of the settings from your previous installation (from MultiBeast).

Many thanks.
Also i found the solution to my problem.
You can use MultiBeast to install Clover and generate your config.plist but then you must update it.
Download Clover and then run the installer.
The Clover installer should detect all of the settings from your previous installation (from MultiBeast).
I followed this post
#6 by tonymacx86.

Ok, so i reinstalled Sierra using a fresh copy of Unibeast (new usb + clean install etc.) and followed the Guide and checked BIOS for XHCI handoff being enabled. Post install, ran MultiBeast 9.1.0 with System ID UEFI bootloader + iMac 14,2 + Audio drivers. Again stuck on reboot, sharing the screenshot.

Components :
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Wifi (rev 1)
Intel i5 6600
Corsair 8 GB DDR4 Ram
Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD

Looks like mine. I started over, yet again, and instead of running MultiBeast, I installed Clover, newest version, downloaded directly from Sourceforge.

It got me further in to the boot process. The progress bar got to about 95% before hanging, as opposed to roughly 2/3.

Here's the verbose boot:

2017-06-10 19.49.05.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like mine. I started over, yet again, and instead of running MultiBeast, I installed Clover, newest version, downloaded directly from Sourceforge.

It got me further in to the boot process. The progress bar got to about 95% before hanging, as opposed to roughly 2/3.

Here's the verbose boot:

View attachment 260670

i followed this additional guide, after installing the newest Clover ----> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-12-5-update.220866/#post-1504116

i followed this additional guide, after installing the newest Clover ----> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-12-5-update.220866/#post-1504116

I did see that, thanks. I tried last night to uncheck Inject Intel in Clover as it states, but it still wouldn't boot. Time has been hard to find lately, but my next step was going to be to try installing fresh (yet again) and making the kext installs he suggests as well as install the latest Clover, all before rebooting (when I usually lose the opportunity to try any other fixes.)

I gave it another go, as described in my last post. Fresh install, loaded Kext files according to the post ssmendon linked to, and installed the newest Clover downloaded from Sourceforge. Still won't boot. Here are the screenshots from two boot attempts (no change between them, just a reset)
File Jun 11, 7 39 40 PM.jpeg File Jun 11, 7 40 43 PM.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back