Contribute
Register

[Solved] Radeon RX 580 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK here is pretty much a whole new EFI folder with everything you need. Here is a link to the diff from your config.plist to the one I gave you https://www.diffchecker.com/pMhnBVyl, You were missing a ton of kext,the most important one was FakeSMC.kext. Skylake doesn't need ssdt, it has native CPU pm support. I only took your NVMe ssdt and added it to the EFI I made for you. Replace your whole EFI folder with this one.

This EFI helped me with my 3 week long trial and error process of getting my Hackintosh up and running.

I thank you kindly good sir.

I tried to Install Catalina with my RX 580 on my PC after using UNIBeast without any modifying in Clover configurator and I would get a black screen while loading on the apple screen on my PC. I took out the Saphire 8gb nitro+ RX 580 and put in my old 5750 XFX and it boots and runs the installer and and gets to the desktop of Catalina! I tried so much I haven't slept in a week!!!! Can some one help me out please! I tried a lot and Im about to sell this card and get another one !

I tried to Install Catalina with my RX 580 on my PC after using UNIBeast without any modifying in Clover configurator and I would get a black screen while loading on the apple screen on my PC. I took out the Saphire 8gb nitro+ RX 580 and put in my old 5750 XFX and it boots and runs the installer and and gets to the desktop of Catalina! I tried so much I haven't slept in a week!!!! Can some one help me out please! I tried a lot and Im about to sell this card and get another one !
Lilu and Whatevergreen Kexts?

Lilu and Whatevergreen Kexts?
of course! I tried updating to the newest ones. The old graphics card worked right out the box. I tried using without those files. Leaving one without the other. Checking radeoninit with Orion Frambuffer ballad inject ate everything!!! Im going nuts bro! I have x58 legacy bios and I've seen ppl got it to work with certain settings in the bios. I even tried them and still nothing.ive tried different refi folders I've downloaded online. DDST patches SMBIOS changing the Mac name to spoof a different version. Nothing!!! WTF am. doing wrong here???

of course! I tried updating to the newest ones. The old graphics card worked right out the box. I tried using without those files. Leaving one without the other. Checking radeoninit with Orion Frambuffer ballad inject ate everything!!! Im going nuts bro! I have x58 legacy bios and I've seen ppl got it to work with certain settings in the bios. I even tried them and still nothing.ive tried different refi folders I've downloaded online. DDST patches SMBIOS changing the Mac name to spoof a different version. Nothing!!! WTF am. doing wrong here???
It’s probably your bios. The RX is UEFI ROM bios the mobo is legacy. Check to see if There is a bios update for the x58 that supports UEFI pci initialization.

It’s probably your bios. The RX is UEFI ROM bios the mobo is legacy. Check to see if There is a bios update for the x58 that supports UEFI pci initialization.
But the RX 580 boots fine with Windows 10 on the same x58 board works perfectly fine

Don’t use any clover graphics settings and let lilu and WEG Kexts do their thing.
Ok I now did something without doing anything that got it to boot into MACOS! I left it booting while the monitor was black until the PC fell asleep. Only then I move the mouse to wake it up and the login screen appears and I can get in. and Everything works. It even finds the graphics card in the display settings and I get full resolution and the about me section is all filled out correctly and this is with a stock flash with Unibeast. All I did was update the kexts. Now I set the PC to go to sleep in 1 minute inactivity so I can get in faster. Any idea what causing this? It stops loading around 60% of the apple logo screen and screen flashes green and white until it sleeps then it'll wake up working normal. It does it at the same time when my other card the 5750 is plugged in that the mouse cursor appears for a second but the screen never goes black. Although now I see that not every time it I can get in because it would either be thinking and I can't type in password to it will freeze at login screen a lot of times and I would have to reboot. Any ideas? I came to far to quit!!!!!!

Don’t use any clover graphics settings and let lilu and WEG Kexts do their thing.
I fixed the freezing by changing the Product Model. I can put it to sleep and it will come back on without issue. The only issue is when it restarts it won't go past the apple loading screen without turning off the display. Anyone know? I tried everything I could find but nothing I have tried fixed this. I have to put energy saver to turn off pc after 1 minute just is it won't take as long to fall asleep so I can wake it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back