Contribute
Register

[Solved] Pinwheel Freeze with Graphics Card on High Sierra Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I was able to put in those fixes. I completely uninstalled the Nvidia drivers I had on my system and re-downloaded.

My version of OS X is 10.13.2 (17C88). The build is for iMac, I believe.

The corresponding Nvidia driver is WebDriver-378.10.10.25.102.pkg.

It is re-installed on my computer. I can switch to the Webdrivers using the Preference pain plugging or the Nvidia Driver Manager Preference app which results in a reboot. When OSX relaunches I still don't have correct resolution or graphics support, and the Nvidia Driver Manager still shows "OS X Default Graphics Driver".
  • Please upload the config.plist from your current CLOVER of the System disk .

I can switch to the Webdrivers using the Preference pain plugging or the Nvidia Driver Manager Preference app which results in a reboot. When OSX relaunches I still don't have correct resolution or graphics support, and the Nvidia Driver Manager still shows "OS X Default Graphics Driver".
BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection to your monitor - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install Nvidia Web Drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts)
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link

BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection to your monitor - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install Nvidia Web Drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts)
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link

The emulate NVRAM did the trick! You and cmn699 are life savers!!!

The emulate NVRAM did the trick! You and cmn699 are life savers!!!
Glad you got help before I could login to find your CLOVER to check your config.plist .
Congrats:clap:

Thanks again! I really do think it was a joint effort between your posts and BreBo's! I couldn't have done it without you!

Now to fix my Wifi!
  • Your MoBO Specs don't seem to have Integrated WIFI or an add on WiFi /BT when I checked via Google.
  • Please provide details of your PCIE WiFi adapter or USB WiFi dongle.
    • Please include Make and Model as seen on your device and or invoice.

• Your MoBO Specs don't seem to have Integrated WIFI or an add on WiFi /BT when I checked via Google.
  • Please provide details of your PCIE WiFi adapter or USB WiFi dongle.
    • Please include Make and Model as seen on your device and or invoice.

I picked up a second hand bcm94360cd bluetooth and wifi network adapter, mated with a PCI express card. It appears to be the same as are sold on OSXWifi.com. The bluetooth side is working just fine, I even have an Apple Magic Trackpad 2 and a Magic Keyboard connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back