HD4000, 1600x900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have installed yosemite on the laptop using Clover and have most things working (sound, external wifi, nullethernet, PM) but I cannot get the battery status indicator to work.

I have a very similar laptop to djedey(http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/djedey/) and that is where I got most of my information. I have tried to get it working us RehabMan's ACPIBatteryManager but there is no difference and I think I need DSDT edits, I have taken a look at the DSDT guide for laptop batteries but am quite confused as to how to proceed with patching my DSDT for a battery.

Another Question I have is do I use the ACPIBatteryManager kext as well as the DSDT Edit?
I am going to try and figure out how to get the DSDT edits working but I seem to get stumped in the guide because I don't have any ECF's in my DSDT. I have attached my DSDT below which has been compiled in ubuntu and I have added patches for Audio and Brightness.

Please check attachments for DSDT

Please advise me as to how I should proceed.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 112
OSX Yosemite Laptop Battery Status not working

Hi,

I have installed yosemite on the laptop using Clover and have most things working (sound, external wifi, nullethernet, PM) but I cannot get the battery status indicator to work.

I have a very similar laptop to djedey(http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/djedey/) and that is where I got most of my information. I have tried to get it working us RehabMan's ACPIBatteryManager but there is no difference and I think I need DSDT edits, I have taken a look at the DSDT guide for laptop batteries but am quite confused as to how to proceed with patching my DSDT for a battery.

Another Question I have is do I use the ACPIBatteryManager kext as well as the DSDT Edit?
I am going to try and figure out how to get the DSDT edits working but I seem to get stumped in the guide because I don't have any ECF's in my DSDT. I have attached my DSDT below which has been compiled in ubuntu and I have added patches for Audio and Brightness.

Please check attachments for DSDT

Please advise me as to how I should proceed.

Your DSDT does not contain any ACPI battery devices. It is likely defined in an SSDT instead.

See this guide on DSDT/SSDT patching: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Make sure you don't filter the SSDT that has your battery object(s): PNP0C0A.

WOAH,

You are awesome I just finished writing a post in another thread asking you for help and then I see this reply! Thanks, I'll take a look into the SSDTs and let you know how it goes. As for my other question do I use DSDT edits as well as the ACPIBatteryManagerKext? Also do I delete AppleSmartBatteryManager from the Extensions folder?

Once again thank you very much :D

Your DSDT does not contain any ACPI battery devices. It is likely defined in an SSDT instead.

See this guide on DSDT/SSDT patching: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Make sure you don't filter the SSDT that has your battery object(s): PNP0C0A.

I found SSDT2.dsl to have the battery object and have attached it here. What would be the next step? Will it work straight away or do I follow your DSDT edit guide on batteries?

Attachments

• SSDT2.dsl.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 116

I found SSDT2.dsl to have the battery object and have attached it here. What would be the next step? Will it work straight away or do I follow your DSDT edit guide on batteries?

It doesn't look to need any patches related to multi-byte EC fields (there is no EC fields).

You will need to patch it in accordance with my general DSDT/SSDT patching guide, of course. For example, typically we rename GFX0 to IGPU to gain IGPU PM. This SSDT contains references to GFX0, so those references need to be also renamed if you have done so in DSDT (and other SSDTs).

That sounds great!
1. So I'll apply the rename patch (as I have done so in the DSDT)
2. Rename file to "SSDT-2.aml"
3. Put it where Clover loads it
4. Keep the ACPIBatteryManagerKext installed?
5. Reboot to see battery working?

I'll apply the changes to the ssdt now and upload it here and then do a reboot to test. Thank you for all the support, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• SSDT2.dsl.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 105
[Solved]OSX Yosemite Laptop Battery Status not working

It doesn't look to need any patches related to multi-byte EC fields (there is no EC fields).

You will need to patch it in accordance with my general DSDT/SSDT patching guide, of course. For example, typically we rename GFX0 to IGPU to gain IGPU PM. This SSDT contains references to GFX0, so those references need to be also renamed if you have done so in DSDT (and other SSDTs).

Update:
It worked perfectly, I can now see the battery percentage and am waiting to see if the "Calculating Time Remaining" reports a reasonable battery life. I will post further details once I know more :D

Edit: I seem to get 1:50 in the battery time which is significantly less than I expected. On windows I can get unto 4 hours(eco mode) but I can usually expect between 2 ~ 3 hours on Windows. I know that this is an odd relation to make but should the battery life not be similar? Also, there are no intensive applications running. I have a feeling that the battery life is close to 1 hour real time because the percentage is decreasing fast...

I will post some debugging files below, please advise me as to how to proceed.
Note: My laptop temperature is about 70 - 80 C on average with low usage and 80+ on medium usage. This is odd because on low usage I would usually get a 50 - 60 on Windows. I am going to proceed to disable the nvidia graphics card via DSDT to see if there is any improvement.

***********************************************************************************
IOReg - Using your recommended version
View attachment Hackintosh IOReg.ioreg

Patchmatic
View attachment RehabMan.zip

Terminal Commands:
Rafis-MBP:RehabMan rafikhan$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 1 0xffffff7f820c9000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Rafis-MBP:RehabMan rafikhan$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

21 0 0xffffff7f81d96000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (216.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

30 0 0xffffff7f81d91000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

Disabling nvidia should help. Also, you should eliminate debugging/diagnostic stuff (like Intel power gadget). Test without external devices connected too. Any devices that don't have drivers (Ethernet, WiFi) may be drawing extra power too.

Disabling nvidia should help. Also, you should eliminate debugging/diagnostic stuff (like Intel power gadget). Test without external devices connected too. Any devices that don't have drivers (Ethernet, WiFi) may be drawing extra power too.

I'll take a look into disabling NVIDIA but I realized another problem, my laptop results in a black screen when trying to wake from sleep mode.

I realize this is off-topic so please read here.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...screen-yosemite-toshiba-p870.html#post1006867

Solved... not sure how to mark as solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back