Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] NVMe m.2 SSD Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booted it up again, waited a minute when it got to that screen with the weird chunks and it actually worked through that and allowed me to run disk utility but still no storage aside from the flash drive. I am going to try adding the sata-100-series-unsupported.kext to it and booting again.

If it helps, I have the new razer blade, Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 VRAM). I've tried just about everything I can find. I've never done this before, or even messed around with bios really.

You should open a separate thread in the laptop forum.
For correct NVMe procedures, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

And for laptop info, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you for the help RehabMan, I do have one more question regarding "Creating SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml". Do you just right this code in the textedit portion of Clover?

Thank you for the help RehabMan, I do have one more question regarding "Creating SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml". Do you just right this code in the textedit portion of Clover?

No.
You use MaciASL.
You really need to read the guide carefully.

Solved. Needed to add kext patches to my config.plist

Downloaded the latest Clover Configurator, copied my config.plist to the desktop and opened it in Clover Configurator.

Under the Kernel and Kext Patches section I added the 17 patches for IONVMEFamily Sierra by Pike R Alpha found HERE.

Saved

Put freshly edited config.plist back.

How did you add the patch data? Where did you copy it inside the window? I can't seem to find a place to paste the whole code.
Or should i write name,comment, etc for each of the 17 patches? Sorry, i don't know much about this

Solved. Needed to add kext patches to my config.plist

Downloaded the latest Clover Configurator, copied my config.plist to the desktop and opened it in Clover Configurator.

Under the Kernel and Kext Patches section I added the 17 patches for IONVMEFamily Sierra by Pike R Alpha found HERE.

Saved

Put freshly edited config.plist back.
Hello I managed to get the drive to show up in Sierra 10.12.3 using Pike R. 17 patches but the device will not show up on reboot. It's missing from BIOS boot options (No EFI option) even with PCI SSD M.2 ACHI enabled in BIOS. I have to plug in a USB with clover or another external SSD in order to be able to see and boot from the NVME M.2 SSD. How do I get the drive to show up in BIOS or boot directly to clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back