Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm currently running my Hackintosh off of a Samsung 850 EVO SSD and it's working perfectly on macOS 10.12.6. I want to switch from this SSD to a new Samsung 960 EVO NVMe m.2 SSD. I've installed the m.2 drive but the computer isn't recognizing it.

Once it's recognized I plan to simply clone my current SSD to the m.2 drive and use the m.2 drive as my main boot drive.

Any idea how to get this to work?

My Configuration
  • Motherboard: GA-H170N-WIFI
  • BIOS Version: F4
  • Core i7-6700
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2133
  • Integrated HD530 graphics
  • Samsung 850 EVO SATA III SSD
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card

Solved. Needed to add kext patches to my config.plist

Downloaded the latest Clover Configurator, copied my config.plist to the desktop and opened it in Clover Configurator.

Under the Kernel and Kext Patches section I added the 17 patches for IONVMEFamily Sierra by Pike R Alpha found HERE.

Saved

Put freshly edited config.plist back.

how did u do it? copy paste ?will it work with m.2 ssd sandisk 512gb?

where to copy and paste text mode clover configurator?

where to copy and paste text mode clover configurator?
Open your config.plist in TextEdit, search for "KextsToPatch" and paste the patch data in that section. Save the config.plist and overwrite the previous config.plist.

When I do that and try to run installer from boot loader, my screen looks like this after the apple logo finishes loading.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,105
If it helps, I have the new razer blade, Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 VRAM). I've tried just about everything I can find. I've never done this before, or even messed around with bios really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back