Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 + Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the reality if you want to run Mojave and/or new graphics software like those games.

To run High Sierra or Mojave and be Metal compatible?

For new budget card, RX 560 is best.

If you want to consider used cards, a GTX 760 or Radeon 7870 will work great. I have both and they are natively supported in High Sierra (and probably Mojave also).
Thank you guys!

Yeeeeee, after so many days fighting with GT 240, I have found ol' GTX260= and it is working with El'Capitan kext just fine without a problem.

I even made usb installer for HS, and it goes straigt to installer screen.

Yes, now I can comfirm that everything is workimg in HS too.

Last edited:
Well, I just wanna tell you guys that finally figured out the problem and managed to make it work.-
To install El Capitan or Sierra you have to use "nv_disable=1". Once you did all the process and finally need the final touch to get full resolution DO NOT INSTALL any driver or anything, you just need original "NVDAStartup.kext" from El Capitan and replace it at /System/Library/Extensions, then set the config.plist at clover EFI with "Inject Nvidia=true" and delete "nv_disable=1" ( but DO NOT add "nvda_drv=1" and DO NOT select "NvidiaWeb"). That's it. Card will be recognized properly and you'll get everything fully working.
If you have previosuly installed WebDriver, uninstall completely first.
This card is working in Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra. I'm now gonna test it in High Sierra with this same procedure.
GeForce GTX 275 is actually working if you use this method; if you find problems at install or at boot it's most likely to be because of boot flags for your motherboard (like "Still waiting for root device", "Missing Bluetooth Controller", black screens or panics).
Good luck.

is it normal for the gtx 260 to have only 8meg detected?

Working on Sierra when everything else failed. Nothing fancy on boot just dart=0 and kext-dev-mode=1
using GT120 which is an apple grey GT 9500 512MB card

-also had to uninstall Nvidia Web Driver then EasyKextPro to install kext and rebuild.

-Only using Clover 2.4920 - I tried 2.526 but it doesn't like something and goes black and reboots.

Thanks sooo darned much!

This Build was a very old EP45T-UD4LR with GT120 - it should work on my EP45-UD3R next up to test

PS

After pulling my hair out for days

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back