Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 + Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even get a chance to install Sierra. It would just panic ⅔ through booting into the installer. In the end I've sacrificed the GTX260 and lashed out $40 on a GT710 to see what would happen. Works marvellously. Now to wait for drivers for the newer cards that have more grunt.

I had this problem too and finally found the config.plist to fix that .. In the Clover config.plist go to Graphics and check :
Inject Nvidia, Nvidiageneric and Nvidia single then when it boots up select the NV_Disable=1
This allowed me to install Sierra and run it but the graphics are only 1280 with flickering....
Now to try this fix here to get things working properly

Ding ... ding .. ding.... we have a winner. Got full res and my card is detected properly.
Thanks

I used the kext attached to your post. and i used the bootflags: "slide=0 dart=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0" (selecting the InjectNvidia option under graphics in clover). Now i don't get a KP anymore, but the screen stays black. Did i miss something?

EDIT: I got it to work!

My steps:
1. Install Mac OS Sierra
2. Boot with nv_disable=1
3. Download and install the kext yhiraki provided earlier in this thread through Kextbeast
4. Change bootflags to "dart=0 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler = Yes darkwake=0 rootless=0"
5. Reboot
6. Profit $$$

I am on Asus P7P55D on EVGA GTX 260, I cannot get the graphics going. It just reboots, no panic.
I tried various boot arguments in the discussion thread with no luck.
The final state that I have now:
1. Macos Sierra installed with the kext mentioned in the discussion chain.
2. Have Inject NVidia = true, NVidia single = true.
3. Cannot boot to MacOs Sierra unless with nv_disable=1
Any other suggestion? It has been two days trying to get this working.

EDIT:
I got it working. Has to setup displayresolution and then it starts working... Yay....

Last edited:
Success with GTX 285 on Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 (Mac Pro 5,1)

Capture.png

I used this method
  • Update Clover from Clover Configurator, then reboot
  • Mount EFI partition
  • Copy kext to inject from 10.11
cp -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/* /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Copy NVDAStartup.kext from El Capitan, to avoid a kernel panic on Sierra install
cp -R /Volumes/osx/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Download Sierra from Mac App Store
  • Reboot and choose Boot macOS Install option. Before running the install, press spacebar and tick Without cache + Inject kexts. This will install and start Sierra.
  • When Sierra up, re-mount EFI partition
  • Remove Sierra NVDAStartup.kext
rm -R /Volumes/osx/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext
  • Copy NVDAStartup.kext from EFI partition to Desktop
  • Reboot

Last edited:
Hi, I'm on gtx275 and I can't get these methods to work. my hackintosh managed to detect the card, but the resolution is still at 1024x768 and the still with jittery graphics. am using dvi connection. d u guys have any suggestions? attached are some screenshots and config.plist. Btw, my mobo is Asus p8h61-M LX.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 12.32.10 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 12.31.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 12.31.57 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 328
  • config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 303
Just Updated to 10.12.1 via App Store. Had to redo my NVDSstartup from El Cap and Use Multibeast for ALC1150. I find keeping a backup working partition makes life easier at these times

Just Updated to 10.12.1 via App Store. Had to redo my NVDSstartup from El Cap and Use Multibeast for ALC1150. I find keeping a backup working partition makes life easier at these times
me too... I don't know if there is a different method to solve the problem as of today.
It seems work

I used the kext attached to your post. and i used the bootflags: "slide=0 dart=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0" (selecting the InjectNvidia option under graphics in clover). Now i don't get a KP anymore, but the screen stays black. Did i miss something?

EDIT: I got it to work!

My steps:
1. Install Mac OS Sierra
2. Boot with nv_disable=1
3. Download and install the kext yhiraki provided earlier in this thread through Kextbeast
4. Change bootflags to "dart=0 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler = Yes darkwake=0 rootless=0"
5. Reboot
6. Profit $$$

Thanks! It works. It works when I enter inside Options in Clover and change "Boot Args" to the ones you posted ("dart=0 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes darkwake=0 rootless=0"). Plus when I enter Graphics Injector submenu and make "InjectNvidia" checked. Then it launches, system recognizes my GTX 260, full resolution range etc.

The problem I have with this solution is that I need to do these steps in Clover every time I launch my system.

I tried to change config.plist (using CloverConfigurator) to boot args you mentioned plus set InjectNVidia to true in that file. But with no sucess.

Did you DarkMessiah or anyone succeded in making those steps that DarkMessiah mentioned permanent?

Second question: can I see the temporary config.plist and/or other files changed when I manually enter those boot args + injectnvidia in Clover and launch the system?

Third one: what exactly happens when I enter Graphics Injector submenu and make "InjectNvidia" checked? Obviously something more complex happens the just simple change of flag in config.plist to "<key>NVidia</key><true/>". Maybe some other parameters or files are changed? What files and what exactly changes?

I attach my config.plist.

EDIT: solved. It appeared that the problem was caused by the fact that I did not removed the pendrive used during the instalation. After removing it, all the changes done using Clover Configuration worked as they should.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back