Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 + Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my ultimate solution. EVGA has been randomly running some really good deals on their b stock (refurbished) cards lately. Picked up a GTX 970 for $150 the other day and re purposed the 260 to an old system that needed a better graphics card.

Coincidentally I've been looking at a used EVGA GTX 760 today. They go for less and draw less power. My PSU is a good brand though moderate in wattage (450W). Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
Coincidentally I've been looking at a used EVGA GTX 760 today. They go for less and draw less power. My PSU is a good brand though moderate in wattage (450W). Thanks for the tip!

Ok, shelled out some cash and bought this card. My hackintosh works beautifully now.

Just updated to 10.12.3 .... no change in procedure.

The method works, thanks for the advice.:thumbup:

Now I found solution! My GTX 260 works fine on Sierra;)

The solution: Use NVDAStartup.kext for El Capitan.

If you have any backup including TimeMachine, you can get NVDAStartup version 10.10.13 in S/L/E.
If you have no backup, you can use the one I attached in this post.

1. Backup and remove NVDAStartup.kext
2. Install NVDAStartup.kext for El Capitan with KextBeast or something.
3. Reboot with 'InjectNvidia=true'
4. Enjoy your sierra world!!

I think its not best solution. I hope someone find better one.:thumbup:

Works for my machine with MSI H97 Gaming 3.. Thanks a lot, yhiraki...

one question... do i need to install nvidia webdriver, i have tried to install once but then i got KP....
so then i uninstall nvidia webdriver, and succesfully re-booted with only InjectNvidia=true

hmm ... 10.12.5 isn't going quite so easily. I've had to restore 10.12.4 for now.
Using the el cap nvdastartup.kext worked but i only had 1 stock screen resolution?
Not sure if the audio reinstall had an effect too?
Anyone else running into problems?

Hello guys. I have successfully installed Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 on my machine which is kinda old. My specs are Intel DP55WB motherboard, i7 860 CPU and a GTX260 GPU. So I followed your guide and installed NVDAStartup.kext from an older version of Mac but it behaves with some glitches on my computer. Essentially I get strange colors in my status bar or the dock starts to glitch. Sometimes when I open any kind of app (even Finder) I get black borders around my window. What should I do?
Thank you

Last edited:
hmm ... 10.12.5 isn't going quite so easily. I've had to restore 10.12.4 for now.
Using the el cap nvdastartup.kext worked but i only had 1 stock screen resolution?
Not sure if the audio reinstall had an effect too?
Anyone else running into problems?

So ... i just tried a GTX 560 and it updated fine and didn't have to put in the el cap nvdastartup kext or re-install my alc 1150 audio!

OK ... so I have updated to 10.12.5 after getting a GTX 560. I tried an EVGA version and bought a Gigabyte version off Craigslist for $30. No kext issues and my audio didn't require re-pudating! So do your self a favour and get one. Hopefully 10.13 will not be a problem too ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back