Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference in performance between AMD cards and Nvidia cards in FCPX seems to have definitely closed over the last year or so. Perhaps it's simply brute force but based on Bruce X the difference seems to have significantly closed and the Nvidia Web drivers seems to have increased performance. I used to get mid 50 seconds for my 970 but since sometime in El Cap those numbers have dropped to the low 20s.

The link you provided is over two years old. I'd imagine there are more recent comparisons between Red and Green on the site which might be more illuminating.

The SLI bridge is included in the box for Nvidia cards so that doesn't really seem like a detractor.

FCPX also isn't the only NLE for OS X.

My red devil RX 480 does it in about 12-13 seconds.
Colorfinale plugin not currently working though. Hopefully an update from them will fix it.

osx is still usable
It is not working in Mac OS.

like i said, it's working. not perfectly, but it is working. i'm on it right now.

1050ti.jpg

Last edited:
I hope this works- I just emailed NVIDIA PR: :thumbup::geek::ugeek::mrgreen:

Big fan of NVIDIA GeForce cards- I run a site called tonymacx86.com which specializes in helping people build computers and install macOS on generic PC hardware. I was hoping to get in contact with someone at NVIDIA regarding macOS Web Drivers.

There is huge pent up demand in our community for your new lineup of cards, the Pascal GeForce GTX 1070 and 1080. Unfortunately there is no Pascal driver included in your Web Driver package, so we are forced to recommend the older 9xx series to new builders. We think if you were to add Pascal support it would help NVIDIA’s manufacturing partners to sell a lot of graphics cards.

If you have any information, or if you can forward this email to the proper channel I’d be very appreciative.

Sincerely,

-tonymacx86

http://www.tonymacx86.com
good job, thanks tony, is there any response for now ?

like i said, it's working. not perfectly, but it is working. i'm on it right now.

View attachment 219342
Your concept of "working well" is completely customised. Your card is not working. It's working in VESA mode, which means the GPU is not being used at all and it is just displaying your preferred resolution. If you want, you can keep confusing the numerous ignorant and helpless people on this forum even further and state that "it works", but OBJECTIVELY it doesn't.

Last edited:

View attachment 219342
Obviously faked, either you've injected the name or photoshopped it in.

It would not say ASUS Geforce xxxxx if it was real, it would say Nvidia Geforce xxxxx.

cool, how do you make this happen? And I noticed that the VRAM is incorrect, but it still works well?

i installed the card and downloaded the nvidia web driver pkg. i also had to modify the config.plist. i have been able to run nvidia driver manager in pref panel but cuda pref panel keeps on asking for an update though it says no update is available.
you're right, vram is incorrect as i suspect osx is not able to make the driver fully compatible. seems to have something to do with quartz extreme too as the screen savers no longer works.

nvidia-driver.jpg
nvidia-update.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back