Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] NVIDIA Card and Error Allocating Pages Issue Installing Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH LGA 1150 Z97 Dual Thunderbolt 2 ATX Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) (BX80646I74790K)
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB GDDR5 Dual DVI mHDMI Graphics Cards 04G-P4-3748-KR
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you all to anyone who reads this. I will be so thankful for any help you guys can get me. I have been a lurker for a few years but I have ran into some issues and just can't get through them.

Hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) (BX80646I74790K)
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB GDDR5 Dual DVI mHDMI Graphics Cards 04G-P4-3748-KR
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH LGA 1150 Z97 Dual Thunderbolt 2 ATX Motherboard

Error

ySq3LpE.jpg

Guide as Resource

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Thumb Drive Setup

I went through it step by step. I had some issues installing on an 8GB thumb drive I was using and had some issues with it. One of the first things I read was that sometimes the 8GB thumb drives have issues. I went out and bought a 16GB to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Installation on to thumb drive appears to be successful.

BIOS Setup
  1. Optimized Defaults
  2. VT-d is Disabled
  3. CFG-Lock - Could not find
  4. Secure Boot Mode - Could not find
  5. OS Type is Other OS
  6. IO Serial Port - I could not find but found Super IO - Serial Port... I went ahead and tried disabling this. Did not effect. I left disabled.
  7. XHCI Handoff Enabled
Installing Sierra

After it was installed on the thumb drive I put into the my computers USB drive and I was met with apple logo and then about 5 seconds later the prohibit sign.

c3xZYaG.jpg

Error Allocating Pages

I then ran it in verbose mode and I got this error:

ySq3LpE.jpg

I browsed this site and attempted this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...install-problems.173991/#ErrorAllocatingPages

Since this seemed to be the hang up I started there.
  • If it next says Error loading kernel cache then you may have SIP enabled and it can't generate a kext cache
    • Figure out which config.plist you're using, and check it for the RtVariables needed to disable SIP for El Capitan (covered in this guide) (This was already there... I tried removing it and that didn't fix it. Restored config.plist.)
    • If that's not it, try using a different USB port for the install drive (front/back, USB2/USB3, etc.) (I tried all of my USB 3 Ports, front, back, and used my Belkin multi-prong adapter. It's USB2 plugged into a USB3. I have no USB 2 on my board.)
    • If that's not it, try replaced VBoxHfs.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (I tried this and didn't work. Restored VboxHfs.efi.)
  • Otherwise if it doesn't have the kernel cache message:
    • One user reported getting this but not on every boot and using a different USB port fixed it (I tried all of my USB 3 Ports, front, back, and used my Belkin multi-prong adapter. It's USB2 plugged into a USB3. I have no USB 2 on my board.)
    • Others report that replacing EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi fixes it. (I did this and it gave me a new error saying in could allocate... see below).
      KB6m7Ul.jpg
    • If you have more than one of OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi then remove all but one (I made sure there wasn't one in there. Also, there was no OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi so it wasn't an issue.)
* Updated 10/12/2016 - I tried to use the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and it didn't work.

Last edited:
* Updated 10/12/2016 - I tried to use the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and it didn't work.
  • Others report that replacing EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi fixes it. (I did this and it gave me a new error saying in could allocate... see below).
    KB6m7Ul.jpg
I did get a new error with this. So I don't know if that means that this is the issue or if it just made things worse.

1. Remove all OsxAptioFixDrv files from your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
  2. Download and place OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
  3. Restart

Clover's config.plist key CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x3?

Clover's config.plist key CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x3?
I didn't not have that set. I set 0x67 and yielded this:

This was with "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi":

HQ88P81.jpg

This was with "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi":

qEIfLe9.jpg

This was with "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi":

L9E0uJw.jpg

I attached my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 141
Did you try to boot with the EVGA GeForce GT 740 removed?

Ok, I removed my graphics card and I was able to install MAC OS Sierra. I installed the Alternative Drivers for my Card. I took it for a test drive and it worked great. I used multibeast and rebooted. Started up like a charm.

I put my card in again and I am getting the same error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back