Contribute
Register

[Solved] New Installation Problems (i7 7700 and H270 chipset)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME H270-PRO
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
ASUS GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi everybody,

I´m trying to build my first custom mac, but I have more than one problem. I’ve been able to install Mac OS X 10.12.5, but when I try to install MultiBeast the problems appear.

To boot the custom mac, at the UEFI boot I have to enable USB Ownership and disable the graphics injector, otherwise the system freezes. When I run MultiBeast, it seems the components I install don’t run property (3rd party USB, for example). And if I try to install new .kext components (FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext) with KextBeast, it doesn’t ask me where to install them and OS X says it’s no possible to install the components.

Another issue is that in the first boot, before I run Multibeast, Ethernet works fine. But when I run Multibeast, Ethernet is disable (I don’t install any Network component in Multibeast).

At this moment, I’m unable to move on in the installation. My system is:

I7 7700

Asus PRIME H270-PRO (H270 chipset)

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics

USB: Intel H270 Chipset

USB: ASMedia USB 3.1

Could somebody help me in any way?

Thank you all!

Hi there :)

For the kext installation, make sure you have reduced the CSR to allow third party kexts etc.

Yes, for Kaby Lake iGPU on 10.12.5 you have to untick the InjectIntel option. I learned this for my latest build :)

You are using MultiBeast 9.1 ?

Check BIOS for xhci handoff enabled to sort usb.

Hope that helps. :)

@aolivere, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi there :)

For the kext installation, make sure you have reduced the CSR to allow third party kexts etc.

Yes, for Kaby Lake iGPU on 10.12.5 you have to untick the InjectIntel option. I learned this for my latest build :)

You are using MultiBeast 9.1 ?

Check BIOS for xhci handoff enabled to sort usb.

Hope that helps. :)

Thank you for your help!

the problem with USB ownership was, as you said, the XHCI (I don't know how, but it was disabled). I don't know if the USB 3.x already works, but I don't need to active USB Ownership.

Right now I have another problem: I don't know why, but the Fake CPU Id don't change on the boot, and I have to change it manually on every boot. I have change it in the config.plist but it doesn't change nothing.

I've been looking who to reduced the CSR to allow third party kexts but I haven't found anything. Could you help me, please?

And yes, I´m using MultiBeast 9.1.

Thanks a lot UtterDisbelief!

Thank you for your help!

the problem with USB ownership was, as you said, the XHCI (I don't know how, but it was disabled). I don't know if the USB 3.x already works, but I don't need to active USB Ownership.

Right now I have another problem: I don't know why, but the Fake CPU Id don't change on the boot, and I have to change it manually on every boot. I have change it in the config.plist but it doesn't change nothing.

I've been looking who to reduced the CSR to allow third party kexts but I haven't found anything. Could you help me, please?

And yes, I´m using MultiBeast 9.1.

Thanks a lot UtterDisbelief!

Hi there.

Easiest way to change the Fake CPU ID permanently and correctly is to use the latest version Clover Configurator. In the Kernel & Kext Patches tab there is a pull-down for Fake CPU ID - just select 0x0506E3 and save your configuration.

For CSR go to the Rt Variables tab, and edit the right-hand entry - CsrActiveConfig - 0x67 will enable everything (so is disabling SIP) but be less secure overall etc.

:)

Hi there.

Easiest way to change the Fake CPU ID permanently and correctly is to use the latest version Clover Configurator. In the Kernel & Kext Patches tab there is a pull-down for Fake CPU ID - just select 0x0506E3 and save your configuration.

For CSR go to the Rt Variables tab, and edit the right-hand entry - CsrActiveConfig - 0x67 will enable everything (so is disabling SIP) but be less secure overall etc.

:)
Hi,

I´m still fighting with the configuration, but it seems it is going to work. Now I have another problem: the system freezes with a forbidden signal, but I think is a problem with some CPU kext. I'm going to copy them from the installer disk to the boot disk, lets see what happen...

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I´m still fighting with the configuration, but it seems it is going to work. Now I have another problem: the system freezes with a forbidden signal, but I think is a problem with some CPU kext. I'm going to copy them from the installer disk to the boot disk, lets see what happen...

Thanks a lot!

If you need to you can input the SIP disabling code (0x67) in the Clover boot / Options menu. That might help you get going.

Also, check your boot drive - the 'forbidden' icon usually means the drive isn't bootable...

Boot with your UniBeast stick to get around it and then check things with either Disk Utility or Terminal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back