Contribute
Register

[SOLVED!!!] New Build - Post install negative

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran -v verbose mode (hdd) and the graphics card isn't loading... a quick search shows that 'hash data from ME never returns'. I'm going to try the things in the thread and see if this gets me somewhere. (card installed)
Safe Mode gets me...nowhere...

The 3 icons show, however I'm unable to have a full launch of High Sierra (middle icon)
Well, It will boot up in safe mode now, but can't install drivers with MultiBeast. I got the SSD working and booting (in safe mode only) but when not in safe mode it reboots after installing.
When trying to run Multibeast in safe mode - the installation fails. I'll update with the multibeast log a bit later.

Well, It will boot up in safe mode now, but can't install drivers with MultiBeast. I got the SSD working and booting (in safe mode only) but when not in safe mode it reboots after installing.
When trying to run Multibeast in safe mode - the installation fails. I'll update with the multibeast log a bit later.

The reason you can have problems with Multibeast in safe mode is because it's not possible, as far as I know, to mount the EFI partition while the OS is in safe mode. You can install other drivers though, like Nvidia Web Drivers, ethernet and sound. To get around MultiBeast not being able to update the config.plist you have to make the settings at Clover boot, manually in the Options menu. Once running normally you can make the changes permanent.

(If you are feeling adventurous you can also choose to boot from the main partition instead of the EFI partition, but it's fiddly doing that, though there is a guide here on Tonymax86 showing you how.)

:)

The reason you can have problems with Multibeast in safe mode is because it's not possible, as far as I know, to mount the EFI partition while the OS is in safe mode. You can install other drivers though, like Nvidia Web Drivers, ethernet and sound. To get around MultiBeast not being able to update the config.plist you have to make the settings at Clover boot, manually in the Options menu. Once running normally you can make the changes permanent.

(If you are feeling adventurous you can also choose to boot from the main partition instead of the EFI partition, but it's fiddly doing that, though there is a guide here on Tonymax86 showing you how.)

Got it. High Sierra OS boots. MultiBeast installs.:headbang:
Working on wifi... then bluetooth. no luck with wifi. any pointers?

edit: High Sierra officially installed and bootable without the help of the USB boot loaders. Computer almost at 100%. Many, many, many thanks to @UtterDisbelief. Without your help - this computer would just be parts to upgrade my PC.

The solution to my problem was to boot in verbose mode (press space bar when High Sierra selected) -v and then watch where the problem was (graphics). Trouble shoot the error code on here as someone has usually found an answer.

I'm still not at 100% with my 1060 Windforce, but there is a solution out there somewhere.

Last edited:
Good news!

What type of Bluetooth adapter are you using? I realise the motherboard has it built-in along with wifi, but only a few brands are fully compatible with macOS. Check System Report to see it it is recognised and if it is, what make. If there's nothing there you might need to buy a USB dongle as per the buyers guide.

Good news!

What type of Bluetooth adapter are you using? I realise the motherboard has it built-in along with wifi, but only a few brands are fully compatible with macOS. Check System Report to see it it is recognised and if it is, what make. If there's nothing there you might need to buy a USB dongle as per the buyers guide.

"bluetooth is showing up in the System Report.
I've attached the bluetooth information report below. - to keep things simple - I may just go with the dongle.

I'm having problems with the GPU not performing well...at all. It's working, but thats about it. It is not smooth and it will not display anything when I'm trying to use Apple Maps. video is smooth unless enlarging to full screen.
I've also attached the system report for the display. I'm able to use the graphics card in my signature, but not getting any performance out of it at all.

This has been an adventure, but without walls help - there's no way I would have been able to get this done!

:crazy::)

"Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 6.0.2f2

Hardware, Features, and Settings:

Name: House iMac

Address: B0-EA-BC-26-A7-5D

Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes

Handoff Supported: Yes

Instant Hot Spot Supported: Yes

Manufacturer: Unknown

Transport: USB

Firmware Version: 7.0 (7.602)

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Off

Connectable: No

Auto Seek Pointing: On

Remote wake: On

Vendor ID: 0x0B05

Product ID: 0x1825

HCI Version: 4.1 (0x7)

HCI Revision: 0x00

LMP Version: 4.1 (0x7)

LMP Subversion: 0x25A

Device Type (Major): Computer

Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop

Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104

Device Class (Major): 0x01

Device Class (Minor): 0x01

Service Class: 0x1C0

Auto Seek Keyboard: On

Services:

Bluetooth File Transfer:

Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public

When receiving items: Accept all without warning

State: Disabled

Bluetooth File Exchange:

Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads

When other items are accepted: Save to location

When receiving items: Accept all without warning

Bluetooth Internet Sharing:

Incoming Serial Ports:

Bluetooth-Incoming-Port:

RFCOMM Channel: 3

Requires Authentication: No"

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x8

VRAM (Total): 22 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x1c03

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 3440 x 1440

Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Automatically Adjust Brightness: No"

Well that Asus BT chipset is actually made by Qualcomm. You would need to do a search on compatibility. It may work fine or need tweaking. Or buy a Broadcom based 20702 dongle.

As for graphics, if you installed the Nvidia web-drivers successfully you probably need to enable NVRAM emulation using the Clover installer. That 22MB VRAM figure is very wrong.

Well that Asus BT chipset is actually made by Qualcomm. You would need to do a search on compatibility. It may work fine or need tweaking. Or buy a Broadcom based 20702 dongle.

As for graphics, if you installed the Nvidia web-drivers successfully you probably need to enable NVRAM emulation using the Clover installer. That 22MB VRAM figure is very wrong.

@bogdanw helped me sort this out with one link. just about as simple as it could have possibly been.

"CUDA is not necessary, use nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back