Contribute
Register

[solved] Need help on L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also here is the FN+F10 and FN+F11 Key Logs Generated
What code should i change to have them as assignable keys on SysPrefs>Keyboard>Shortcuts.

These keys are generating F14/F15, probably from ACPI (Notify to PS2K).
You can assign them in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.

These keys are generating F14/F15, probably from ACPI (Notify to PS2K).
You can assign them in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.
Yes but if i assign something,it gets assigned to my brightness keys aswell which are FN+F5 and FN+F6 and lose brightness keys.
how can i change/separate them from each other.

Yes but if i assign something,it gets assigned to my brightness keys aswell which are FN+F5 and FN+F6 and lose brightness keys.
how can i change/separate them from each other.

You should change your ACPI code for those keys such that they generate something other than F14/F15.
For example, perhaps F16/F17.

Right now you have two sets of keys generating F14/F15, which is probably not what you want.

You should change your ACPI code for those keys such that they generate something other than F14/F15.
For example, perhaps F16/F17.

Right now you have two sets of keys generating F14/F15, which is probably not what you want.
F16,F17,F18 already used.
So which one should be Changed F14/F15 or the default brightness keys: on my dsdt they are like this:

Code:
# _Q1D (Fn+F5) brightness down key
into method label _Q1D replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0205)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0285)\n
end;

# _Q1C (Fn+F6) brightness up key
into method label _Q1C replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0206)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0286)\n
end;

# _Q67 (Fn+F10) Spotlight key
into method label _Q67 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0165)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x01e5)\n
end;

# _Q68 (Fn+F11) App switcher key
into method label _Q68 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0166)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x01e6)\n
end;

Like i mentioned on one of my first Posts i managed to Change ACPi code so FN+F10 generates/assigns as (F19) button which works ok but
What should be the code for F20(or another button that you would suggest) and can it be assignes at sysprefs/keyboard/shortcuts.

Or maybe FN+F5 & FN+F6 needs to be changed instead ?

F16,F17,F18 already used.
So which one should be Changed F14/F15 or the default brightness keys: on my dsdt they are like this:

Code:
# _Q1D (Fn+F5) brightness down key
into method label _Q1D replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0205)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0285)\n
end;

# _Q1C (Fn+F6) brightness up key
into method label _Q1C replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0206)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0286)\n
end;

# _Q67 (Fn+F10) Spotlight key
into method label _Q67 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0165)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x01e5)\n
end;

# _Q68 (Fn+F11) App switcher key
into method label _Q68 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0166)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x01e6)\n
end;

Like i mentioned on one of my first Posts i managed to Change ACPi code so FN+F10 generates/assigns as (F19) button which works ok but
What should be the code for F20(or another button that you would suggest) and can it be assignes at sysprefs/keyboard/shortcuts.

Or maybe FN+F5 & FN+F6 needs to be changed instead ?

First, you should be using the single shot make/break codes instead of the make/break separate. It is more reliable and faster.

So... all 0x02xx should be 0x04xx. And all 0x01xx should be 0x03xx.

But looking at what you have now:
0x0205 (e0 05) and 0x0165 (65) both map to F14 (ADB 6b)
0x0206 (e0 06) and 0x0166 (66) both map to F15 (ADB 71)
Hence, you have 2 keys that generate F14. And two others that generate F15.

As for other keys you might generate:
ADB for F20 is 5a. By default, it is mapped from PS2 code 6b (0x016b or 0x036b for both make/break in one shot).
ADB for F19 is 50. By default, it is mapped from PS2 code 6a (0x016a or 0x036a for both make/break)

ADB for F20 is 5a. By default, it is mapped from PS2 code 6b (0x016b or 0x036b for both make/break in one shot).
F20 can`t be assigned to a Shortcut (in my case Mission Control) i hear the bump/beep sound(FUNK) but it doesn`t assign at all - but atleast it doesn`t work as brightness up anymore.
Could there be another key that can be assigned since F20 isn`t working.
Replaced as u mentioned,i see that they react much faster but F20 isn`t assigning as a shortcut.

F20 can`t be assigned to a Shortcut (in my case Mission Control) i hear the bump/beep sound(FUNK) but it doesn`t assign at all - but atleast it doesn`t work as brightness up anymore.

Look at your logs to determine what you're actually generating.

Look at your logs to determine what you're actually generating.
Here is the log after i remapped Fn+F11 to generate F20. but still can`t assign as shortcut on Sysprefs/Keyboard

Also the TrackPad (the Red Circle Rubber *Cursor* is not working) is there a fix for it and what are gestures that are supported by the VoodooPS2Controller - are they all enabled/detected automatically or patching is needed like with Fn keys ?

Attachments

• FN+F11 Log after remap.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 151
Here is the log after i remapped Fn+F11 to generate F20. but still can`t assign as shortcut on Sysprefs/Keyboard

According to the log, the kext is correctly generating the ADB code for F20.
Any problem beyond that is a system problem and is out of my hands.
Maybe the system only supports up to F19. But there is still F13-F19, which is 7 keys... should be plenty.

Also the TrackPad (the Red Circle Rubber *Cursor* is not working) is there a fix for it and what are gestures that are supported by the VoodooPS2Controller - are they all enabled/detected automatically or patching is needed like with Fn keys ?

There are other forks of my code that have trackpoint fixes (tluck fork?).
I'm not sure what you're asking regarding gestures. You need to be specific with your questions.

Ok good,so atleast i know its generating properly as patched,will check if 10.12.2 Fixes some of the current bugs:
Will try if my camera problem after wake from sleep gets fixed.
Maybe F20 Button aswell
Will try upgrading clover first.
I have some very rare System Freezes.
And that boot issue.
Will report back if it does fix any of the current problems.
Will try that fork of your kext mentioned.
About gestures i wanted to ask if something like two/three finger swipe up/down,pinch to zoom or rotate works or can be fixed if they dont work(with some sort of debugging/logging).

About my Bluetooth problem i can send files to my nexus without a problem but i cant receive a file from my nexus to the pc.
Phone gives me connection unsuccessful, please try again error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back