Contribute
Register

[solved] Need help on L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm writing from fresh El Capitan 10.11.6 installation on M.2 SSD. RehabMan's guides worked perfectly and got me to desktop with most things working. Using his config and latest Clover r4035. I'm trying to figure out whole ACPI patching thing.
I extracted and disassembled ACPI files using refs.txt. Got DDST and 10 SSDT files. I wonder do I need them all? Currently I have patched DDST with common fixes and generated SSDT using Piker's script. Adding Haswell brightness fix to one of the SSDT with GFX0 broke my QE/IE. Atm I have a mess of patched/unpatched files and some things work while others don't.

Working:
CPU - Piker's ssdtPRGen used
Graphics - works fully, but I broke it atm
Sleep - no issues discovered
Touchpad - works, two finger scrolling is funky
Battery - works, with T440p patch
Edimax EW-7811Un - works, needs reconnecting to network after sleep

Current issues:
Brightness
No audio devices (will try VoodooHDA soon, T440 guys say it works)
Shutdown fix didn't work (laptop restarts instead of shutdown)
Keyboard Fn buttons
Maybe smth else I missed

I have made fresh Sierra USB using latest Unibeast, but I wish to figure out ACPI patching before having fresh Sierra installation. I can post my clover.zip with ioreg later today
For brightness my SSDT-9 is the Graphics SSDT- apply the brightness fix on this ssdt
for graphics install FakePCIID,FakePCIID Graphics.
Audio - Inject Layout ID 3 on DSDT and use the kext im using (attached on my on this reply + CodecCommander from Rehabman)
i dont reccomend VoodooHDA
FN Buttons:
Code:
FN (Function Keys) ReMapping - Fix

# _Q1D (Fn+F5) brightness down key
into method label _Q1D replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0405)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0485)\n
end;

# _Q1C (Fn+F6) brightness up key
into method label _Q1C replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0406)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0486)\n
end;

# _Q28 (Fn+F4) Microphone Mute key - Mapped to Siri Shortcut via SysPrefs>keyboard>shortcuts
into method label _Q28 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0368)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x3e8)\n
end;

# _Q19 (Fn+F7) Projector / Mirror mode key
into method label _Q19 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x046e)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x04ee)\n
end;

# _Q2A (Fn+F8) Wireless disable key -- mapped to Notification Center Shortcut
into method label _Q2A replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0369)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x03e9)\n
end;

# _Q66 (Fn+F9) Settings key - Mapped to System Preferences
into method label _Q66 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0364)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x03e4)\n
end;

# _Q67 (Fn+F10) Spotlight key
into method label _Q67 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x036A)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x03eA)\n
end;

# _Q68 (Fn+F11) -Mapped to F20 button key-no function
into method label _Q68 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x036B)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x03eB)\n
end;

# _Q69 (Fn+F12) Mapped as Launchpad shortcut
into method label _Q69 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x0367)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD, 0x03e7)\n
end;

For DSDT the Patches i use are:
(audio) Audio Layout 3
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Add IMEI
Fix_WAK ARG0 v2
Fix Mutex with Non-Zero SyncLevel
Haswell LPC
HPET Fix
IRQ Fix
OS Check fix (Windows 8)
RTC Fix
SMBUS fix
USB_PRW 0x0D (instant Wake)
- Add the FN buttons code that i attached - just copy it-go to maciASL and press patch,paste the code of fn buttons into the blank white code aread,apply patch and you`re good to go
- search for _rmv and find the code Return (One) into this methods and replace with Return (Zero)
-Disable XSEL,ESEL,XWAK because sometimes they might cause sleep issues.
This is all you need for DSDT

SSDT-9 (graphics SSDT)
- (igpu) brightness fix
- Rename GFX0 to IGPU
- Rename B0D3 to HDA (make sure to scroll down to the code to the section "layout-id", Buffer() and remove 12 and add 3 so it looks like
"layout-id", Buffer() { 3, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
"hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
so it injects Layout ID 3 so HDMI - Display Port works.
in case you cant find or dont know how to install FAKEPCIID you can also add the patch:
Haswell HD4400/4600/5000 so it fixes your QE/CI
this is all the pathes you need for SSDT9 (Graphics SSDT)
SSDT-4 is the CPU0Ist SSDT (which is for cpu)
-Remove PSS Placeholders (this is the only patch u need on this one)
DSDT - SSDT patching done with these.

i will also add my efi folder with dsdt,ssdt,config,plist so you can compare with yours

Kexts that install:
FakePCIID,FakePCIID Graphics (for GPU QE/CI)
ALC292 Injector (u don`t touch the original AppleHDA,u just install this kext and you have audio working + u add the kexts to patch on clover configurator to make audio working (check my config.plist)
CodecCommander(Rehabman,for fixing no audio after wake from sleep)
IntelBacklight.(rehabman)
VoodooPS2Controller (Tluck Fork since i use T460 Trackpad but it should work with your touchpad better aswell since u have trackpoint aswell)
FakeSMC + plugins (from rehabman fork)
ACPI BatteryManager (rehabman,i dont need dsdt patches for it,my battery works all fine with it)
IntelMausiEthernet for Lan (rehabman)

i Don`t reccomend using unibeast for making a USB Installer for Laptops,use Clover download it from sourceforge.net
make sierra USB Installer following rehabman guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
download latest sierra from App Store,after it`s downloaded,format your usb to Mac OS Extended Journaled and GUID Partition Map
Rename your USB to install_osx
open terminal and paste : sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app" --nointeraction
after process is completed install clover on the usb
Select Customize and select these options:
Install for UEFI Booting Only
Install Clover in the ESP
Drivers64UEFI - select OSXAptioFixDRV-64
Open USB EFI partition > EFI > Clover, remove the config.plist and add the one i attached for Installation Only.
go to drivers64UEFI and add the HFSplus.efi
go into kext folder,delete all others and leave Other folder only and add the kexts : VoodooPS2,IntelMausi Ethern..,FakeSMC,ACPIBatteryManager.
basically u have my efi folder attached,for setup only add the config.plist (for installation) and remove the old one if u want to install sierra.
I tried to describe the process as simple as possible,hope it helps you enough to fix it.
For any further help just let me know,ill try to help u as much as i can.
Good luck friend.

Also on sierra on the 1366x768 display that you have,you will have problem with DisplayPreferences Pane on System Preferences.
Make sure you dump your Display EDID and paste it here,i will patch it for you,will browse some data and see if i have it somewhere saved already

Attachments

• ALC292.kext.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 81
  • (Tluck fork-credits to him)VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    77.3 KB · Views: 67
  • EFI.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 108
  • (for Installer usb)config.plist.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I tried to describe the process as simple as possible,hope it helps you enough to fix it.
For any further help just let me know,ill try to help u as much as i can.
Thank you, it was truly simple and step-by-step. Your post if formatted accordingly can make a 95% of info needed for L440 guide.
I have prepared USB as you suggested and patched ACPI files. I successfully booted installer using provided config.plist for usb.
Right now I don't have time for fresh install - will do it next week and write about my progress here.
In near future I plan on upgrading to AOU Full HD panel and having same 3-button touchpad from T450-460 series.

Hi everyone,
It`s been a while since i haven`t touched this laptop but after some researches i decided to Remove Whitelist by Purchasing Ch341a + SOIC8 Clip and with the help of the guys over bios-mods i managed to remove whitelist + unlock advanced menu
i Ordered a BCM94352z NGFF + Upgraded my Laptop Screen to 1920x1080.

hi,how to remove the whitelist?I have a l440 too, after I flash the bios, there are 5 beep two times.T_T

hi,how to remove the whitelist?I have a l440 too, after I flash the bios, there are 5 beep two times.T_T
How did you flash the bios ?,did someone edit for you ?,did you get the tools for it.
Please explain your issue and procedures in details.

The guide is up now,here is the link
Thanks for the guide. You rock! I managed to install El Capitan using it and everything works great, but a few minor issues:
Audio didn't work with attached kext, I used AppleALC to get it working. Will try CodecComm to fix after sleep issue and jack.
My webcam is not recognised at all. Do you have it on your model? Does it work OOB with Sierra?
What BIOS version are you using? I have old BIOS from 2014 I wonder do I need to update.
I will use 10.11 as my daily driver for this month and see how it goes. Then 10.12 fresh install with new FullHD screen.

Im pretty sure you didn`t fix your USB Ports
follow rehabman guide posted on my guide in the USB Section(thats why you camera is not working most propably):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
For Camera:
Use USBInjectall.kext from Rehabman and the 21-25 port limit patch attached on my config.plist on my guide. and see if it works,it will inject all your active usb ports.
after you do that,reboot & make a copy of IOreg and post it here.
The camera works fine after i fixed my usb ports.

about Bios: im using the one i got the laptop with,don`t know which model it is but 1 model before the latest.
i didn`t update since i have it modded with whitelist removed,Unlocked Advanced Menu & MSR Haswell Lock removed.
About Bios since you don`t have it modified you can update it and if you plan to remove whitelist-mod it,you can backup/edit/install the modified Latest version.

about Audio: is everything working,External mic too ?,i tried AppleALC but it didn`t fix my issue with External Mic (detected as Line-In)
for example i have apple EarPods (which they have microphone too) and on fresh boot on sierra,i plug in,everything works fine,if i unplug them and plug them again,i get no audio anymore and my external microphone doesn`t get detected anymore.i have to sleep and wake the laptop to get audio back but i get no external mic anymore
only on fresh boot and first plug.
Can you test that for me,do you have that issue on your Laptop with El Capitan.i wonder if it is a sierra problem or incorrect patched codec.

Use USBInjectall.kext from Rehabman and the 21-25 port limit patch
I used your patch + USBInjectall.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext + SSDT-UIAC.aml (from your EFI)
Camera works fine and all of my USB port as far as I can tell. Please see attached IOreg.
For the audio, it works with plug/unplug without the need of sleep or restart. External mic not tested. HDMI not tested.
I used this guide to clear old audio stuff, restored native AppleHDA and then used AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext at kexts/Other with Inject 12 at config.plist. I also use Boom2 since default max volume is not satisfying when watching movies.

Attachments

• insurgensy.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 101
I used your patch + USBInjectall.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext + SSDT-UIAC.aml (from your EFI)
Camera works fine and all of my USB port as far as I can tell. Please see attached IOreg.
For the audio, it works with plug/unplug without the need of sleep or restart. External mic not tested. HDMI not tested.
I used this guide to clear old audio stuff, restored native AppleHDA and then used AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext at kexts/Other with Inject 12 at config.plist. I also use Boom2 since default max volume is not satisfying when watching movies.
Try disabling the patch (port limit patch on config.plist) and see if your ports work the same.
Audio: with AppleALC and layout id 12 sound works all fine but you dont have external mic.
But with layout id 28 AppleALC has the patch for ALC292 (thinkpad T440) which is same codec.
all 440 models have very little differences on hardware (L440,T440,E440,etc).
But on sierra I have problems with external mic,only works on first plug on fresh boot.
I wonder if it has the same issue on El Capitan or its just a overall non proper patch on codec.
HDMI : works if you followed my guide,you have the HDMi section which is easy to find.

Also for further discussion please start posting my guide,report issues there since i want to close this post since i fixed the issues that i had so I don't want to leave unnecessary posts open after they are fixed.

Guide link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-l440.217119/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back