Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave on Z390-P and i7-9700k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this fix the freeze @ 2 mins during the install mentioned in your previous post?

Thanks for sharing!

I had the identical problem described in post #1. The only solution I found was to start fresh with High Sierra, get that stable, and then use the App Store download to upgrade to Mojave.

Until I did that, I simply could not get past that APFS formatting error as indicated in post #1.

Until I did that, I simply could not get past that APFS formatting error as indicated in post #1.

Think we are talking about two different things - the freeze @ 2 mins into second stage of the install is not a APFS formatting error. The "freeze" occurs because the Z390 (and H370) boards do not allow the system to automatically restart, as it should.

Did this fix the freeze @ 2 mins during the install mentioned in your previous post?

Thanks for sharing!
Yes correct. The 2 minute freeze issue doesn't seem to happen on the high sierra install. From what I can gather I think something in the clover config file for UniBeast 9.0.0 for Mojave is not set correctly for the Z390 boards.

For some reason when you go to do the install of Mojave with UniBeast 9.0.0 it doesn't reboot when it needs to at the 2min mark of the initial install, so instead it just freezes. This reboot/ freeze problem doesn't seem to be an issue when installing with high sierra and UniBeast 8.3.2 though.

Perhaps that aptiomemfix and enabling above 4G decoding would make the UniBeast 9.0.0 install work correctly though. (This sounds like it would be more likely the case, as it's just not something I did right as opposed to something being wrong with the utility!)

Yes correct. The 2 minute freeze issue doesn't seem to happen on the high sierra install. From what I can gather I think something in the clover config file for UniBeast 9.0.0 for Mojave is not set correctly for the Z390 boards.

For some reason when you go to do the install of Mojave with UniBeast 9.0.0 it doesn't reboot when it needs to at the 2min mark of the initial install, so instead it just freezes. This reboot/ freeze problem doesn't seem to be an issue when installing with high sierra and UniBeast 8.3.2 though.

Perhaps that aptiomemfix and enabling above 4G decoding would make the UniBeast 9.0.0 install work correctly though. (This sounds like it would be more likely the case, as it's just not something I did right as opposed to something being wrong with the utility!)
Does the hdmi and DP of the motherboard work normally?

Perhaps that aptiomemfix and enabling above 4G decoding would make the UniBeast 9.0.0 install work correctly though.

Is it possible that your "Unibeast" install is really booting from the Clover (EFI folder from a previous install) on your internal (SSD) drive?

I also face this issue and you can enable the csm supported in the motherboard. It seems like the vga driver was not supported by the uefi

The 2-minute freeze during a fresh install of Mojave happened to me as well, but I restarted the computer and selected the new Mojave Installation volume (created by the Apple Mojave setup app) from the Clover boot screen and the installation itself finished without any problem.

Auto reboot does not work, but that doesn’t mean you can’t reboot the machine yourself. I am still trying to get the CPU and IGPU to be properly recognized (or Faked to an 8700K), so while the basic installation of Mojave (and the .1 update) went well, it doesn’t mean that the post-install port configuration is done yet.

This is my first Hackintosh and i’m just enjoying the journey at this point, with lots to learn. I’m using the Gigabyte Designare Z390 and i7-9700K, so I’m not expecting quick fixes to my post-installation woes! Instead, I’ve accepted the fact that full install will take several weeks or months as fake or proxy support for these components becomes available.

Hi
Jakeofspades, first of all Bravo for your success.
I have the same board with you with updated bios (0604) and Im experiencing some serious problems with my build. My main and most serious problem is that I get random freezes... system freezes and mouse is working with a rectangular glitch effect on it. As for bios setting I have used what installation guide suggests. Can you please share a few settings/tips that you used for your system? [/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back