i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone!

This week I built my first Hackintosh and could successfully install High Sierra. However, after running Multibeast and restarting the computer, the Mac loading screen only loaded up to 98% or so, and after one or two minutes, rebooted. This became an infinite loop I couldn’t stop.

As I didn’t have any important files, I decided to just undo everything and rebooted, selected “Install High Sierra from Install Mac Os High Sierra” (the name of the USB drive containing UniBeast) in Clover, and erased the SSD through Terminal (using “diskutil apfs deleteContainer /dev/disk0s2” to format the disk as how I could for the first attempt, and then, after checking, using “diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ Untitled /dev/disk0s2”).

I installed High Sierra from scratch. However, this time, when I selected “Boot High Sierra from SSD” it happened again, but not even finishing the installation: the apple logo would show, the progress bar would load, then slow down until it reaches around 98%, and then reboot, infinitely going back in this cycle.

What should I do? Thanks in advance for all your help.

What should I do?
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100)

Thank you BreBo for the instructions to enter Verbose mode. I figured it during the morning, excepting for the “don’t reboot on panic” part. Still, I’ll show what I found as I’m not home yet. Maybe it helps to win some time.

On the first picture the warning is the only thing that just calls my attention, plus the “Unsupported PCH”. I don’t know what the PCH is, but anyways, there’s no freeze (well... there never really is...).

A197BF8E-7F8A-4F1B-A270-E17976FB2CE0.jpeg

As for the second picture, it shows this endlessly repeating sequence. The computer, as I mentioned, never freezes. It just suddenly reboots after 60 retries or so.
54D360F3-AFBA-418C-82D0-06425F445A85.jpeg

As for the second picture, it shows this endlessly repeating sequence. The computer, as I mentioned, never freezes. It just suddenly reboots after 60 retries or so.
Looks like you don't have the -disablegfxfirmware boot flag in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Did you install MutiBeast > Customize > Intel HD 6xx

Looks like you don't have the -disablegfxfirmware boot flag in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Did you install MutiBeast > Customize > Intel HD 6xx
I did install it.

I now put the -disablegfxfirmware command and could successfully boot and finish installing!

Right after, the screen was flickering in a very annoying way, but after installing Lilu, an intel graphics fixup that comes in Multibeast (can’t recall the name right now) and after setting my computer’s SMBIOS=18.1, now it’s fixed.

Now, I’m figuring Audio and Network! Thank you very, very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back