Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] iPad Mini 2 Not Charging Clover Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
iPad Mini 2 Not Charging Clover Bootloader

Would like to thank you Robbish i did what you suggested and its working :thumbup: its charging :headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 405
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 05.39.58.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 05.39.58.png
    146 KB · Views: 530
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 06.55.24.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 06.55.24.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 488
you're welcome jbamford,

i charge my mobile on my Z77-DS3H all the time when OSX is running and it charges as good as my wall charger so knew it works for iPads too.

Gigabyte website quote;

" GIGABYTE 7 series motherboards feature ON/OFF Charge, a unique GIGAYTE technology which allows you not only to charge your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, but also allows you to Quick Charge it. As an added bonus, it can even be charged when your PC is turned off, so even if you forget to plug it into your charger after you've synced up your music, it will be fully charged when you need it. "

• credit again goes to PJALM for his Z77-DS3H DSDT patch

I haven't used ON/OFF Charge. I think you need the program installed in windows for that don't you? I don't even have Windows installed lol only use OS X.

I just assumed that the Gigabyte On/Off Charge technology was built into the hardware and required no drivers since i can charge my phone when my computer is in Shut down mode (no OS's running).

here is a Gigabyte YouTube clip if you're interested..

Yeah I may look into this. I never really turn my hack off anyway it's either in sleep or on lol.

I've scanned the Gigabyte website for all the drivers and can conclude that the Gigabyte On/Off Charge technology does not require any additional software drivers. The technology is built into the hardware.

Macs have an incomplete ACPI and that is why we patch DSDT's for a Hackintosh. The incomplete ACPI must have disabled correct USB function in OSX so PJALM patched the Z77-DS3H DSDT.aml to enable our USB ports charging to function as Gigabyte intended :thumbup:

Yeah. Ever since i done the DSDT for this board my USB 3 works perfect :thumbup: i never had no issues with Powermanagement just USB 3 ports. But all is well now :headbang:

Glad you guys are happy :D

My patch does indeed increase power allowed by USB devices, its not cosmetic.

I see you noticed my GB score, thats my ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS with dual Intel Xeon E5-2683 v3 (14 cores each plus HT).

Yeah I'm happy now cheers PJALM your a star :thumbup:. i also did a video on my Youtube channel using your Patch because a lot of people has the same issue with USB 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back