Graphics
RTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi. I have a iPad Mini 2 32GB how ever everything works fine except charging iPad keeps saying Not Charging I've done some research I've enabled High Current in my Config.plist however it still doesn't charge would anyone have any ideas what this could be? my motherboard is a GA-Z77-DS3H Core i7 3770 GTX 760 I'm using Clover Bootloader thanks

iPad Mini 2 Not Charging Clover Bootloader

would anyone have any ideas?

Hi. I have a iPad Mini 2 32GB how ever everything works fine except charging iPad keeps saying Not Charging I've done some research I've enabled High Current in my Config.plist however it still doesn't charge would anyone have any ideas what this could be? my motherboard is a GA-Z77-DS3H Core i7 3770 GTX 760 I'm using Clover Bootloader thanks

This comes around every so often and a quick look at Search suggests that "USB ports only supply 5 watts and the iPad "requires" 12 watts to charge". Despite the "Not Charging" indication the iPad does actually charge but very slowly.

Also that you should use a USB3 port in preference to a USB2 one.

Ive tried my front and back USB3 port with my iPad but it doesn't work my USB 3 ports will only mount USB 3 flash drives or other USB 3 Flash drives

just plugged my iPad2 in my USB3 port and it is charging as i write

i think it because i'm using a Z77-DS3H DSDT courtesy of PJALM and if i remember correctly, PJALM did mention in his description that one of his edits are to enable charging mobile devices from USB ports

here's the link to the PJALM site

BTW his geek bench score on this site reads 68000 WTF o_O

yeah I'm not using a DSDT on this board not even using NullCPUPowermanagement it works perfect everything does except USB3 would that DSDT work okay with a Core i7 3770 Ivy CPU?

Well if you're familiar with using MaciASL then i would recommend that you try the PJALM patch - what have you got to lose?

i haven't got anything to loss just never thought i needed a DSDT to patch USB 3 ports lol

if you do give it a try then in Clover Configurator's Acpi page, don't forget to tick the box labelled
Drop OEM _DSM and to write DSDT.aml in the box labelled DSDT name (sorry for stating the obvious on that last one)

Regardless of any DSDT changes you make, like P1lgrim said, USB still won't provide enough power to properly charge an iPad. It may charge, albeit slowly, but you won't get a charge indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back