Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] iPad Mini 2 Not Charging Clover Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press F4 at Clover to extract a clean DSDT from ACPI. Attach Clover folder removing Themes & ZIP.
Here's both my Clover folder and the DSDT I made, if you want to have a butchers.

I'm thinking the two USB power problems, your charging, and my device failures, are related due to the changes Apple made to it's USB drivers since El Capitan.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
  • DSDT-Z77-DS3H.aml
    39.8 KB · Views: 100
Here's both my Clover folder and the DSDT I made, if you want to have a butchers.

I'm thinking the two USB power problems, your charging, and my device failures, are related due to the changes Apple made to it's USB drivers since El Capitan.

Try this. Remove any kexts you've installed with Multibeast for USB as they're not needed. You're config was incorrect for you're system using patches which isn't needed. Note its never a good idea to have a SSDT for patches mixing with a DSDT unless its a SSDT for Powermanagement which you don't have so use Pikers script for generating a SSDT for Powermanagement. Remove NullCPUPowermanagement if you have it installed.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 308
  • DSDT.aml
    40 KB · Views: 135
Try this. Remove any kexts you've installed with Multibeast for USB as they're not needed. You're config was incorrect for you're system using patches which isn't needed. Note its never a good idea to have a SSDT for patches mixing with a DSDT unless its a SSDT for Powermanagement which you don't have so use Pikers script for generating a SSDT for Powermanagement. Remove NullCPUPowermanagement if you have it installed.
My mistake with regards to the USB port limit patch and HDMI audio SSDT. I should have mentioned that I removed both of them whilst testing a DSDT file and then put them back before you asked me to upload my Clover folder.

The USB Inject & HighCurrent flags seem to have fixed my problem. My ports are reporting the correct current available and my USB devices aren't falling over anymore. All of my USB ports are working as well, whereas before I required the USB port limit patch. No idea how I those options. I swear I read the Clover Wiki :)

The AsusAICPUPM and KernelPM patches were active because all the guides I read for the Z77-DS3H recommended them. I've left them disabled and everything seems fine.

I did try an SSDT created using Pikers script, and although it increased my C states and improved my benchmarks slightly, I would get random kernel panics. Now AsusAICPUPM and KernelPM are disabled, I might give it another go.

Can I ask why you changed my SMBIOS profile? I know iMac13,2 matches my hardware a bit better, but I couldn't find a consensus online with which profile to use with my setup, and I got slightly better benchmark scores with an iMac14,2.

I'm still not getting any "Extra Operating Current" when charging my phone and tablet, but it dawned on me that even though the Gigabyte board supports it, my devices are not iOS devices. I suspect Apple might not let non-Apple devices pull the extra current. Wouldn't surprise me ;) I might borrow an iPad to test it out. If it works, I'll roll the HDMI audio patch into the DSDT. Until then, or I discover the USB ports and still buggered, I'll run the system without one. Never had any other problems and never had the need for NullCPUPowermanagement.

Anyway thanks for all your help buddy, I appreciate it.

My mistake with regards to the USB port limit patch and HDMI audio SSDT. I should have mentioned that I removed both of them whilst testing a DSDT file and then put them back before you asked me to upload my Clover folder.

The USB Inject & HighCurrent flags seem to have fixed my problem. My ports are reporting the correct current available and my USB devices aren't falling over anymore. All of my USB ports are working as well, whereas before I required the USB port limit patch. No idea how I those options. I swear I read the Clover Wiki :)

The AsusAICPUPM and KernelPM patches were active because all the guides I read for the Z77-DS3H recommended them. I've left them disabled and everything seems fine.

I did try an SSDT created using Pikers script, and although it increased my C states and improved my benchmarks slightly, I would get random kernel panics. Now AsusAICPUPM and KernelPM are disabled, I might give it another go.

Can I ask why you changed my SMBIOS profile? I know iMac13,2 matches my hardware a bit better, but I couldn't find a consensus online with which profile to use with my setup, and I got slightly better benchmark scores with an iMac14,2.

I'm still not getting any "Extra Operating Current" when charging my phone and tablet, but it dawned on me that even though the Gigabyte board supports it, my devices are not iOS devices. I suspect Apple might not let non-Apple devices pull the extra current. Wouldn't surprise me ;) I might borrow an iPad to test it out. If it works, I'll roll the HDMI audio patch into the DSDT. Until then, or I discover the USB ports and still buggered, I'll run the system without one. Never had any other problems and never had the need for NullCPUPowermanagement.

Anyway thanks for all your help buddy, I appreciate it.

AsusAICPUPM Isn't needed because your board doesn't have locked MSRs, KernelPM is for Haswel you're System isn't Haswel so that's not needed of course. iMac 13,2 is correct SMBIOS for your system which is needed of course due to PM. Never a good idea to have patches that are not needed bad things attends to happen as you said Kermel Panels of course. You should be fine just stay away from patches that aren't needed.

When ever i plug in a USB drive into my Apple keyboards USB ports. I get the message "Not enough power". Would that be the same problem ? I've looked into it and most if not all threads regarding the keyboards Hubs consist of 50% of the people saying that its normal. And the other 50% saying that its not. I got the keyboard replace with another due to a broken key and oddly enough. The replacement board can power my Bluetooth dongle where before it was iffy at best.

When ever i plug in a USB drive into my Apple keyboards USB ports. I get the message "Not enough power". Would that be the same problem ? I've looked into it and most if not all threads regarding the keyboards Hubs consist of 50% of the people saying that its normal. And the other 50% saying that its not. I got the keyboard replace with another due to a broken key and oddly enough. The replacement board can power my Bluetooth dongle where before it was iffy at best.

Do you have High current set in config.plist?

Do you have High current set in config.plist?
Tired enabling High Current but still refuses to power anything. Must be due to the keyboards limitations. Not the end of the world as my bluetooth dongle and iLok works through it so both ports are not going to waste.

Tired enabling High Current but still refuses to power anything. Must be due to the keyboards limitations. Not the end of the world as my bluetooth dongle and iLok works through it so both ports are not going to waste.

Have you patched a DSDT with appropriate EH01, EH02, XHC edits?

Have you patched a DSDT with appropriate EH01, EH02, XHC edits?
I've patched EH01, EH02 using Clover Configurators. haven't patched XHC though. I'll look for the XHC patch now and stick it in too

I've patched EH01, EH02 using Clover Configurators. haven't patched XHC though. I'll look for the XHC patch now and stick it in too

Recommend patching a DSDT using PJALMs DSDT Patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back