Intel HD4600/ GeForce GT750M (Optimus)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am a noob when it comes to DSDT patching, and I'd like to get some help to make my MSI GE40-2OL run Yosemite properly (I am using Clover as my bootl). My machine has the following specs:

- i7 4702MQ
- 8 GB DDR3L
- Intel HD4600 5MB + Nvidia GeForce GT 750M (Optimus)

I have successfully enabled QE/CI using the Clover method. However, I couldn't see the brightness slider in the Displays Preferences so I gave DSDT patching a shot. Everything else (battery, audio, ethernet, etc.) seemed to be working except for the brightness control.

I have been able to extract and compile the DSDT/SSDTs without any problems. I have also applied the patches (HD 4600 patch + Brightness Fix for Haswell/Broadwell) necessary for the QE/CI and brightness control to work. I have placed the patched DSDT/SSDTs in the /Extra folder and enabled the Drop OEM feature in Clover.

The problem is, when I boot with the Drop OEM feature, QE/CI is disabled and in turn, no brightness slider exists in the preferences. What workaround can I do to have both the QE/CI and brightness slider up and running?

I would appreciate it if you can help me patch my DSDT/SSDTs properly so I can make the QE/CI and brightness control work for my device. Attached are my fresh DSDT/SSDT files.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DSDT_SSDT.zip
    33.5 KB · Views: 312
Intel HD 4600 QE/CI and Brightness Control [DSDT/SSDT]

Hi,

I am a noob when it comes to DSDT patching, and I'd like to get some help to make my MSI GE40-2OL run Yosemite properly (I am using Clover as my bootl). My machine has the following specs:

- i7 4702MQ
- 8 GB DDR3L
- Intel HD4600 5MB + Nvidia GeForce GT 750M (Optimus)

I have successfully enabled QE/CI using the Clover method. However, I couldn't see the brightness slider in the Displays Preferences so I gave DSDT patching a shot. Everything else (battery, audio, ethernet, etc.) seemed to be working except for the brightness control.

I have been able to extract and compile the DSDT/SSDTs without any problems. I have also applied the patches (HD 4600 patch + Brightness Fix for Haswell/Broadwell) necessary for the QE/CI and brightness control to work. I have placed the patched DSDT/SSDTs in the /Extra folder and enabled the Drop OEM feature in Clover.

The problem is, when I boot with the Drop OEM feature, QE/CI is disabled and in turn, no brightness slider exists in the preferences. What workaround can I do to have both the QE/CI and brightness slider up and running?

I would appreciate it if you can help me patch my DSDT/SSDTs properly so I can make the QE/CI and brightness control work for my device. Attached are my fresh DSDT/SSDT files.

Thanks in advance.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/175789-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have updated my profile with my machine's specs. I can assure you that I have followed the instructions in your DSDT patching guide carefully prior to starting this thread.

I hope someone can help me patch my DSDT/SSDTs or point out my mistakes, at least. The graphics stuff is stored in SSDT-5 by the way.

Thanks.

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have updated my profile with my machine's specs. I can assure you that I have followed the instructions in your DSDT patching guide carefully prior to starting this thread.

I hope someone can help me patch my DSDT/SSDTs or point out my mistakes, at least. The graphics stuff is stored in SSDT-5 by the way.

Thanks.

What is the issue? If you follow the guide, QE/CI is working with correct config.plist and FakePCIID kexts.

Yes. QE/CI was working fine when I used the Clover method. But I had to patch the DSDT/SSDT to enable brightness control. I followed your guide and have successfully patched the specific SSDT for the gpu with the patch for HD4600, Brightness fix for haswell, and gfx to igpu.

i dropped the OEM in Clover during boot, and I got no QE/CI now and brightness control still doesn't work.

Yes. QE/CI was working fine when I used the Clover method. But I had to patch the DSDT/SSDT to enable brightness control. I followed your guide and have successfully patched the specific SSDT for the gpu with the patch for HD4600, Brightness fix for haswell, and gfx to igpu.

i dropped the OEM in Clover during boot, and I got no QE/CI now and brightness control still doesn't work.

Keep in mind you cannot DropOem=true unless you provide all (patched) SSDTs in ACPI/patched...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Okay thanks. I shall post in a few hours. I am away from my laptop at the moment. Thanks man.

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for your help. I managed to fix QE/CI and brightness control for HD4600. It seemed that I placed the patched aml files in the wrong directory. Thanks for pointing out that they should be in ACPI/patched instead.

Thanks a lot!

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for your help. I managed to fix QE/CI and brightness control for HD4600. It seemed that I placed the patched aml files in the wrong directory. Thanks for pointing out that they should be in ACPI/patched instead.

Thanks a lot!

Marked [solved].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back