Contribute
Register

[solved] HP 9470m problem with the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thank you Rehabman. If you look at my uploaded refi and installer log, is there something obviously wrong ? I have built the usb2 stick with all ingredients coming from your referenced locations.
So at the end of the High Sierra installer I still get the message that an unknown error occurred.
I see that 5.19 GB of data lands on the SSD during the install process.

Thanks for your time :)

Bart

Ok thank you Rehabman. If you look at my uploaded refi and installer log, is there something obviously wrong ? I have built the usb2 stick with all ingredients coming from your referenced locations.
So at the end of the High Sierra installer I still get the message that an unknown error occurred.
I see that 5.19 GB of data lands on the SSD during the install process.

Thanks for your time :)

Bart

Your Clover is not the one recommended in my guide (guide recommends the latest RehabMan build of Clover).
And your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete. You forgot to press F2, so there is no misc/preboot.log.

Hey, thanks for the building OS X installer on Laptops with Clover Guide RehabMan.
I did all of the steps you mentioned but sadly when I boot into Clover with my HP 9470m I don't see any install partition with the install osx app on.
I did the Clover UEFI guide, so no legacy.
I also copied the afps.efi and hfsplus.efi and the config.efi
I injected the USBinjectall, voodoops2controller, fakesmc and intelmausiethernet.
Do you have an idea why it doesn't show the osx install partiton?
Thanks!

I have a 9470m running OSX since 2014.
Follow the provided guide and all will run like hell :D

I did follow the guide with multiple USB sticks but it just doesn't show a osx partition when I'm booting to clover.

@wi-fi maybe you can help me with building the installer?

My USB Stick with the OSX Install partition, the drivers I have on the EFI partition and clover with no bootable partition.

Attachments

• OSX Install.PNG
    OSX Install.PNG
    79 KB · Views: 87
  • drivers.PNG
    drivers.PNG
    28.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I did follow the guide with multiple USB sticks but it just doesn't show a osx partition when I'm booting to clover.

@wi-fi maybe you can help me with building the installer?

My USB Stick with the OSX Install partition, the drivers I have on the EFI partition and clover with no bootable partition.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
Sorry for that, I should have read the FAQ.
Attached, you'll find the Clover files of my HP 9470m boot partition.
Thanks for your help.

Did you press F3 in Clover, just in case the boot target is hidden for some reason?

With the USB plugged in on the Mac/hack you used to create the USB, show output of:
Code:
diskutil list

Did you press F3 in Clover, just in case the boot target is hidden for some reason?

With the USB plugged in on the Mac/hack you used to create the USB, show output of:
Code:
diskutil list

Thanks for the fast reply.
Sadly the boot partition isn't hidden, I've pressed F3 with no result.
The output of the diskutil list command from the usb stick is:

Attachments

• OSX Install.PNG
    OSX Install.PNG
    79 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back