Contribute
Register

[solved] HP 9470m problem with the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you're getting the full installer. It should be 5+ GB.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

I do have the full installer.
I finally got it working.
I took the HDD out of the hackintosh and installed the update from the mac onto it.

Your Clover is not the one recommended in my guide (guide recommends the latest RehabMan build of Clover).
And your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete. You forgot to press F2, so there is no misc/preboot.log.

Hi dear Rehabman; I am still working on my HP 9470m, am trying to follow your guide very precisely and have just made another zip file of what I have managed so far. Although it is not your clover version, it is the latest version I could find a couple of days ago. This time in clover I pressed F2 and F4, and also at the end of the HS installer when I get the "An error occurred while preparing the installation etc. etc." from HS installer, I managed to save the installer log.
Could you please look in to what I am doing wrong ? Much appreciated again.

Brgds, Bart

Attachments

• EFI and logs Bart HP 9470m.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 67
Hi dear Rehabman; I am still working on my HP 9470m, am trying to follow your guide very precisely and have just made another zip file of what I have managed so far. Although it is not your clover version, it is the latest version I could find a couple of days ago. This time in clover I pressed F2 and F4, and also at the end of the HS installer when I get the "An error occurred while preparing the installation etc. etc." from HS installer, I managed to save the installer log.
Could you please look in to what I am doing wrong ? Much appreciated again.

Brgds, Bart

Use latest RehabMan Clover build.
Also, make sure you start from scratch... fresh download from App Store, creating USB, etc.
Make sure the target drive is partitioned with only a single HFS+J partition.

Phew; Ok I am going to start all over again; Will keep you posted.

Just a question; Where the logfiles etc posted correctly like I just did in my post ?

Good evening, Bart

Just a question; Where the logfiles etc posted correctly like I just did in my post ?

Good evening, Bart

As per "Problem Reporting", EFI not requested.
Only EFI/Clover requested.
Without 'themes'... you included 'themes', which contributes to a large download.

As per "Problem Reporting", EFI not requested.
Only EFI/Clover requested.
Without 'themes'... you included 'themes', which contributes to a large download.

Hi Rehabman; I did a fresh USB2 stick built as per your guide, with your clover version and all latest files needed.

Still, at the end of the HS installer, I get the same notification that an unknown error occurred during installation.

I Hope I uploaded the correct troubleshoot files (CLOVER dir and HS installer log) for you here. Please could you have a look again when you have time ? Am very interested to see what I am doing wrong.

All the best for 2018 already,

Bart

Attachments

• CLOVER Bart.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • Installer Log Bart 29-Dec-2017.txt
    35.2 KB · Views: 273
Hi Rehabman; I did a fresh USB2 stick built as per your guide, with your clover version and all latest files needed.

Still, at the end of the HS installer, I get the same notification that an unknown error occurred during installation.

I Hope I uploaded the correct troubleshoot files (CLOVER dir and HS installer log) for you here. Please could you have a look again when you have time ? Am very interested to see what I am doing wrong.

All the best for 2018 already,

Bart

Did you completely repartition the target disk?
Are you doing an HFS+J install? Or APFS?
Avoid APFS... See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/
Make sure you repartition your target drive completely (as GPT, only single HFS+J partition).

I use diskutil during the installer screen as per guide to erase and format the ssd (Samsung EVO 750). Should I use diskutil in the terminal screen and if so what command should I give there then ? I will try to avoid APFS on my next attempt...

If I type in the command to avoid APFS conversion in the terminal window during the install screen;

/Volumes/"Image Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume MAC--converttoapfs NO --agreetolicense

I get "No such File or Directory"...

Could someone please help me with this ? Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back