CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
*** Moderator Note: Moved to separate thread (from here originally: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-hp-9470m-10-13-1-geekbench-performance-boosts.237983/)

Hi Lucard; Am so happy to see that you managed your 9470m. I am still struggling a lot; I will upload my zipped EFI dir and install.log.
Would you please be so kind to help me a bit ?

You can see my 9470m specs in my signature.

This is my situation; I use clover to boot according to the guide from rehabman found here on the site.

When I boot without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, I make it all the way to the end if the High Sierra osx install procedure until the very last seconds, then I get a message like "An unexpected error occurred during installation; please try again".
If I as recommended add the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, my usb stick does not even get to the clover screen and locks.

I format the SSD when I get to the install desktop with diskutility to APFS.

I have already downloaded HS from the apple site 2 times without probs and tried both usb2 and usb3 sticks.

I am a novice builder but am not letting go hahahaha...

Thanks for suggestions and help in advance & already a very good Xmas guys :)

Attachments

• Bart HP 9470m EFI dir plus install log.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:
I see something about probs with NVRAM somewhere in the install log. Is there a way to reach you directly Lucard or is that not authorised ?

Thank you, Bart

Hi Lucard; Am so happy to see that you managed your 9470m. I am still struggling a lot; I will upload my zipped EFI dir and install.log.
Would you please be so kind to help me a bit ?

You can see my 9470m specs in my signature.

This is my situation; I use clover to boot according to the guide from rehabman found here on the site.

When I boot without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, I make it all the way to the end if the High Sierra osx install procedure until the very last seconds, then I get a message like "An unexpected error occurred during installation; please try again".
If I as recommended add the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, my usb stick does not even get to the clover screen and locks.

I format the SSD when I get to the install desktop with diskutility to APFS.

I have already downloaded HS from the apple site 2 times without probs and tried both usb2 and usb3 sticks.

I am a novice builder but am not letting go hahahaha...

Thanks for suggestions and help in advance & already a very good Xmas guys :)

You do not need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for your hardware.

Follow guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Thank you rehabman for your response. Is it possible for you to check my uploaded files to see what I am doing wrong ?

Hi Rehabman; I am reading it over and over; am seeing some kexts on wifi that I did not install etc., but I have studied your guide. Could you please help me a bit on the symptoms I posted in this thread where I made a mistake ?
Am willing to read it again and again but am a bit stuck with my machine.

Hi Rehabman; I am reading it over and over; am seeing some kexts on wifi that I did not install etc., but I have studied your guide. Could you please help me a bit on the symptoms I posted in this thread where I made a mistake ?
Am willing to read it again and again but am a bit stuck with my machine.

FakeSMC.kext is not up-to-date.
Neither is VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
GenericUSBXHCI.kext is also old, and you should not use it for your hardware anyway (it is not recommended in the guide).

After fixing, if you have an issue...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: As per guide, make sure you use a USB2 stick.
And follow the post #2 instructions carefully.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your posts to this thread are off-topic (topic here is a post-install question).
Open a separate thread for any further discussion.

Hi Rehabman. Is there any way that I can talk to you gentleman?

Well… I am not seeing any way here to send to you a private message here Rehabman…

Hi Rehabman. Is there any way that I can talk to you gentleman?

No.

Well… I am not seeing any way here to send to you a private message here Rehabman…

You do not have enough posts.

Follow the guide as written. If you have an issue, reply with the information requested in the FAQ, "problem reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back