Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97M, ASUS X299
CPU
i5-4690K, i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX750, HD6670
Hello! I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction please.

ASUS Tuf Mk 2 X299
i7800x
850 EVO

I've installed MacOS High Sierra thanks to the "kgp" guide on the site. As the X299 board doesn't come with any internal gfx. I've installed an AMD ATI Radeon (Sapphire) HD 6670 2Gb. (I know!)

The Vendor/Product Id 0x1002 0x6758 appear in the AMD6000Controller.kext
I'm using WhateverGreen and Lilu in my EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and MacOS reports all of these as loaded in kextwizard.

I've read of greater support (>10.12.6) for ATI/AMD and seen reports of successful builds with this card.

For some reason (unknown to me) the color is both ok (as expected) and yet switches often and quickly back & forth to a strange blue with some flicker with mouse movement. Very odd.

I've tried a different keyboard/mouse, monitor and both DVI and Analog.

Should I try something other than WhateverGreen and Lilu ? How do I know I'm using them ?
Are the built-in AMD6000Controller.kext any better? and how would I use them ?
Any votes for just buying an Nvidia card ? I'm more sure this will be compatible.

Let me know if there is other info I've missed (debug logs, etc.)

Daniel

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,649
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 11.27.44.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 11.27.44.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 3,301
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 11.42.56.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 11.42.56.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,611
Hey I'm running the same card in my system and it has stoped working since the update to 10.13

Any help getting the card configured would be much appreciated!

Brebo is bang on the money, much kudos, well done and thanks !
I quick download of ResXtreme and select 8 bits 1920x1080 and colour is perfect !

i'm also trying to use 6670 on my hackintosh build. But i get a black screen. I was able to see and pull up the mac os installer just fine and was able to get it installed. On first boot i get a black screen. Seems active thou. After i let it sit my monitor goes to sleep. I shook the mouse and the screen went back to the black screen. Been using diff kext but havn't been able to get the perfect fit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

i'm also trying to use 6670 on my hackintosh build. But i get a black screen. I was able to see and pull up the mac os installer just fine and was able to get it installed. On first boot i get a black screen. Seems active thou. After i let it sit my monitor goes to sleep. I shook the mouse and the screen went back to the black screen. Been using diff kext but havn't been able to get the perfect fit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

My HD 6670 just worked. I did use lilu & whatevergreen kext though.
My problem was the colors flickering which was fixed with ResXtreme.com

My HD 6670 just worked. I did use lilu & whatevergreen kext though.
My problem was the colors flickering which was fixed with ResXtreme.com
I seem to have gotten it to boot up with only 5 mb of video memory. Do you mind helping me out with those kexts you used. I seem to have the outdated ones. If you wouldn't mind. Whenever you the chance. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks man!

Looks like the solution was installing a couple of Sierra roll back kext via kext editor or any kext injecting tool. After maybe 2 installs don’t know why 2 but.... it worked. Perfectly. Though it took a while. Played paladins on steam perfectly. Rocket league as well. On par with my win 10 installation. Diving into the 6870 as I type this. I’ve become addicted to getting Mac OS running on other hardware. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back