Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Yesterday, when I installed Ubuntu, somehow it's boot-loader got installed inside the SSD that was holding macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. (I think it overwrote my EFI settings for macOS, and I couldn't boot into macOS after that).

I deleted the Ubuntu partition using windows OS which was inside another HDD. Then I created a USB drive using UniBeast and copied MultiBeast (Just in case). When I used Clover from my USB to boot into my internal macOS partition, I saw literally all the settings reverted back to default. I could't find the VooDoo audio driver.

My nVidia driver just stated that it was using macOS graphics, and, when switched it to nVidia, it asked me to reboot, and so did I. But then nothing changed. Still it would only use macOS drivers. So I used MultiBeast again to install all the drivers as I did in my very first attempt, and I did also enable the emulated NVRAM option (Coz I had a GTX 1060) just like the last time.

I was able to boot from Clover within the SSD, but it goes straight to the black screen. Now, the only way I'm able to use macOS is through the Clover option from my USB, and, that, too, without any proper driver support. I even tried erasing the whole SSD and reinstalling macOS like I did the first time. The same problem persists. Even inside "About MAC" it's not even changing my Mac's model name to 2017 iMac. It stays at 2013 iMac which is completely wrong. (Even for this I had to use clover from USB. Internal Clover would just go straight into black screen)

This is how I installed / re-installed macOS before :

Someone please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the mistake guys. Actually all the drivers are working except for the Nvidia drivers. Whenever I tried to boot from internal clover I get a black screen. But with bootable USB I can use macOS but with laggy macOS graphics.

All I had to do was to remove my HDMI cable and reconnect it ‍♂️ it's back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back