Motherboard
GA Z97X UD7 TH
CPU
Intel i7 4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Windforce
I had a hackintosh working on El Capitan with this plus my signature info:

SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
Monitor
Samsung 28-Inch Ultra High Definition LED Monitor (U28D590D)
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3
Graphics (now dead)
Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4 GB GDDR5

Now I'm running Sierra as had to do it all over again because my Graphics died (don't ask how). Long story but not so important to tell the whole thing. So, since I bought a new graphics but have to wait till August to have it, I'd like to have my hackintosh running on it's internal graphics.

A friend was trying to help me get it done with internal graphics but could not make it. He basically try everything, Yosemite and El Capitan also via Clover. No luck with him. So trying now here.

Screenshot of overview: View media item 189145
Config.plist attached.
Monitor plugged via HDMI of the Mobo.

BIOS Settings:
VT-d: Disabled
Initial Display Output: IGFX
Intel Processor Graphics: Enabled
Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation: 32M
HXCI Hand-off: Enabled
EXCI Hand-off: Enabled

Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 323
Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

SSD
Monitor
RAM
Graphics (now dead)

Now I'm running Sierra as had to do it all over again because my Graphics died (don't ask how). Long story but not so important to tell the whole thing. So, since I bought a new graphics but have to wait till August to have it, I'd like to have my hackintosh running on it's internal graphics.

A friend was trying to help me get it done with internal graphics but could not make it. He basically try everything, Yosemite and El Capitan also via Clover. No luck with him. So trying now here.

Config.plist attached.

BIOS Settings:

Thanks in advanced!

Theres no ig-platform-id in config. Use 0x0d220003. Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation should be 64M.

Thanks for moving it Pilgrim. My bad.

VioletDragon. Did not work. I change the Memory Allocation to 64M. Also when open the config with Clover Configurator it has 0x0d220003 as the ig-platform selected. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Attach current config.

SSD
Monitor
RAM
Graphics (now dead)

Config.plist attached.

BIOS Settings:

Thanks in advanced!
Long story but not so important to tell the whole thing. So, since I bought a new graphics but have to wait till August to have it, I'd like to have my hackintosh running on it's internal graphics.

For the sake of those who read this Forum to learn from each other's experience, it is really important to know what the computer symptom that occurred or the what was seen on the Monitor display as error message or warnings that led to the conclusion it was a dead PCIE Graphics card.

If you have connected your Monitor to the HDMI port of your HD 4600 IGFX firmly and securely and set the BIOS options selecting IGFX & Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation of 64 M and Config. plist edited to show config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
,config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003, config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0, you should get Monitor Display provided it is not from another cause like the Graphic Cable, PSU , RAM,MoBo, CPU, any one of which can come up with strange errors from monitor like "Cable not Connected" or "No Display".

Attach current config.
Violet. Attached the actual config.plist.

For the sake of those who read this Forum to learn from each other's experience, it is really important to know what the computer symptom that occurred or the what was seen on the Monitor display as error message or warnings that led to the conclusion it was a dead PCIE Graphics card.

Theres no error I can show you. Internal Graphics don't work as they should. As you could see in the attached image above of the overview of my Hackintosh the HD 4600 Internal Graphics do get recognised but as 3MB. So that's my current issue here.

Sorry, did not catch up of what you are saying:

If you have connected your Monitor to the HDMI port of your HD 4600 IGFX firmly and securely and set the BIOS options selecting IGFX & Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation of 64 M and Config. plist edited to show config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
,config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003, config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0, you should get Monitor Display provided it is not from another cause like the Graphic Cable, PSU , RAM,MoBo, CPU, any one of which can come up with strange errors from monitor like "Cable not Connected" or "No Display".

My config has everything that you are suggesting and my monitor works but only at 1024x768. And it is a Samsung 4k 28 inches.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 279
Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 6.07.14 PM.png

Theres no error I can show you. Internal Graphics don't work as they should. As you could see in the attached image above of the overview of my Hackintosh the HD 4600 Internal Graphics do get recognised but as 3MB. So that's my current issue here.

My config has everything that you are suggesting and my monitor works but only at 1024x768. And it is a Samsung 4k 28 inches.

I did not find any image of Apple>About This Mac>Overview you have uploaded. I saw your initial config.plist only.

This current config.plist regarding Intel HD 4600 looks OK. But I suggest changing your System Definition from iMac17,1 to iMac 14,2 and see if that can fix the Graphics Resolution to what your Monitor can have.

Last edited:

Using incorrect SMBIOS. iMac 17,1 does not have Intel HD4600. FakeID is not needed neither. Try this config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 357
I did not find any image of Apple>About This Mac>Overview you have uploaded. I saw your initial config.plist only.

This current config.plist regarding Intel HD 4600 looks OK. But I suggest changing your System Definition from iMac17,1 to iMac 14,2 and see if that can fix the Graphics Resolution to what your Monitor can have.

No point. Graphics will get be seen as Intel HD4600 3mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back