[Solved] Graphics 4600 Not working Sierra GA Z97X UD7 TH i7 4790K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please See image below:

If disable, boot hangs there
hangs.jpeg

View attachment 271447
Since you are doing multiple things at the same time, it is not clear what is causing what.

Serial ports are no longer needed as hardly anyone uses any External Serial devices like a Serial Dial Up modem, Serial mouse, Serial keyboard etc of the early years of computing and the Internet. By disabling unneeded hardware the motherboard manufacturers still keep on the board, computer resources can be devoted to other devices like USB which we use a lot. I doubt, disabling the Serial port in the BIOS Setup is the cause of the problem as most of us have disabled it to run OS X /macOS with our hardware more efficiently.

View attachment 271447

That's when the kernel should be loading, at boot before hitting enter try hit space bar once.

Select verbose, single user, don't reboot on panic, keep symbols, and debug kexts.

It should stop at root# type in "fsck -fy" without "" marks hit enter. Wait for root# then type "exit" hit enter. Try a reboot after this if it doesn't boot first time.

That's when the kernel should be loading, at boot before hitting enter try hit space bar once.

Select verbose, single user, don't reboot on panic, keep symbols, and debug kexts.

It should stop at root# type in "fsck -fy" without "" marks hit enter. Wait for root# then type "exit" hit enter. Try a reboot after this if it doesn't boot first time.

Hi again!

I could not get back hackintosh with this Gigamaxx. So I just copy the EFI folder that I had backed up, to the SSD through another Mac.

So, back to the hackintosh working again I updated Clover, disable Serial Port on Bios. Still restarting. Im looking at the CPU activity monitor and just after is going to be restarted the 4 cores with its virtual cores all of them seems very upset.

Also. When restarting normally computer gets loading here:
Restarting.jpeg

If anyone can help me with sound and USBs working would be awesome. At the moment Im working with cpus=4. Editing 4k can't be possible but at least computer is running. EFI folder attached.

Also, Dedicated graphics working well. Internal too.

I think I should change the name of this thread to (Unsolved) GA Z97x UD7 TH - i7 4790K running Sierra 12.5 without full CPU. Would be accurate?

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI Santi.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hi again!

If anyone can help me with sound and USBs working would be awesome. At the moment Im working with cpus=4. Editing 4k can't be possible but at least computer is running. EFI folder attached.

Thanks!

Sound and USB already fixed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back