Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

the fan of my graphic card does not work (Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Windforce OC)

I have boot to windows, it works there.

In Hackintosh 10.13.0, Fan never work even I have load the 3D games (never work before on 10.12).

When I play any 3D games there is a lag every 30 sec
I dont know if this related but when I remove app from the dock there is no cloud animation

08cIyFC.jpg

9aw5hD8.png

HmyLulm.png

DSi7kC3.png

52mgGWF.png

Any help please

Thanks

Hi. Might not help but I had a Gigabyte GTX1050

By default the fans were set to silent mode (off) up to 60-degrees. Your screen grab shows the GPU die at 49-degrees.

There's a Gigabyte utility for Windows to change the temperature curve controlling the fans. To test I reduced my trigger temperature to 40-degrees and the fans came on - in new 3D "pulsed" mode.

Not 100% sure the setting is saved in firmware though as I never did any graphic intense stuff in macOS.

Worth a test though to check your card is working ok.
:)

Many Thanks :)

I remove the case and watch the fan's card, it works at 60d .. but "HWMonitor", "iStat" and "Macs Fan Control" Apps don't show the fan's speed

IaBcG1J.png

second issue, do you have a cloud animation when you remove the apps from the dock? I feel the GPU does not work on it's real performance, may be because the Apple Graphics Power Management setting.

Many Thanks :)

I remove the case and watch the fan's card, it works at 60d .. but "HWMonitor", "iStat" and "Macs Fan Control" Apps don't show the fan's speed

IaBcG1J.png

second issue, do you have a cloud animation when you remove the apps from the dock? I feel the GPU does not work on it's real performance, may be because the Apple Graphics Power Management setting.

Well that sounds ok. You have to be careful with the HWMonitor kexts for Pascal GPUs. You need the latest releases to avoid kernel panics (which I'm guessing you're using :thumbup:). I haven't heard that iStat works, but I could be out of date!

No, I don't have "cloud animations", Nvidia or AMD, when I remove icons from the dock anymore. That stopped a while ago. I think it was an update by Apple, not a fault.
:)

I haven't relied on HWMonitor for my GPU, specially as the GPUsensor were supposed to be removed, after that I got a build which showed the temp, but didn't show the clock speeds, so I just left it there. But for testing purposes, I had done Cinebench, Unigine and some test encode renders via Adobe Media Encoder (using CUDA) and in all tests, my MSI GTX 1070 which also has the silent feature, only kicked off when temp would go above 60 degrees. Pretty neat feat. in these cards. In fact nowadays I am more worried if my card's fan actually starts spinning:shifty:

I am experiencing random black screen with this gpu, these lasts only for a second, not at boot but when I am logged in.
What could this be?
I used to get these when my fridge turned on and off.

I am experiencing random black screen with this gpu, these lasts only for a second, not at boot but when I am logged in.
What could this be?
did you ever fix this? I have the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back