i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1650, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys, I have 1TB Hard Drive on which I have windows 10 and macOS 10.13.2. Initially I had assigned 100GB to hackinosh thinking I will only use it for basic purposes. Since then, I am loving it and become increasingly reliant on it for more and more tasks. Therefore, I want to increase the partition size to 300GB. How can I do this without installing macOS again from scratch. I had used Clover for installation.

Guys, I have 1TB Hard Drive on which I have windows 10 and macOS 10.13.2. Initially I had assigned 100GB to hackinosh thinking I will only use it for basic purposes. Since then, I am loving it and become increasingly reliant on it for more and more tasks. Therefore, I want to increase the partition size to 300GB. How can I do this without installing macOS again from scratch. I had used Clover for installation.

Use Disk Utility to resize the partition.

I can't. It says, partition cannot be moved.

You probably have a partition immediately following the one you want to resize.
In order to deal with that, you will need to delete that partition (to make free space), then restore it later to a different location (from backup).

You probably have a partition immediately following the one you want to resize.
In order to deal with that, you will need to delete that partition (to make free space), then restore it later to a different location (from backup).
It says partition can’t be deleted

It says partition can’t be deleted

What kind of partition is it?
What is the output of 'diskutil list' in Terminal?

What kind of partition is it?
What is the output of 'diskutil list' in Terminal?
It’s macos Extended Journeled. Also there are NTFS partitions as well for Windows

It’s macos Extended Journeled. Also there are NTFS partitions as well for Windows

You forgot: What is the output of 'diskutil list' in Terminal?

You forgot: What is the output of 'diskutil list' in Terminal?
Disk Utility says, you cannot remove this volume because the previous volume cannot be resized.
BTW, I have made complete backup of the OS on separate partition. Can I now delete my macOS drive, i.e. the one on which os is installed and combine it with another partition of bigger size. Then I restore Time Machine backup on it. Is this possible? Will all my files and settings retain?

you're not going to get an answer until you post the output of the terminal command

diskutil list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back