Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Clover Update r4586 disables OS Boot (Black Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so so much!!!

So. Damn. Grateful.
Thank you, @ukulele01 and @MissCatD. I followed the instructions, step by step. Worked for me. (as perhaps useful note for those not familiar with shell commands, "cd .." takes you up a directory. Thanks again!

Hi, just to add to the thanks.
I've been upgrading to high sierra finally and updated clover - having seen this thread before, but thinking that "Oh I'm sure the latest version of clover doesn't do this". Oh how wrong I was.
I looked at the post by ukelele01 and couldn't understand it, but your step by step fixed it.
I did have a weird thing where after copying the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to the EFI drive that when I went to the drivers64UEFI directory and typed ls it said file not found(even though it let me change to that directory) but restarting and going back into the shell and trying again it listed the directory properly.
Now updated to high sierra and just going through the usual stuff to get things back to how they were.
Thanks again.

I used Clover Configurator to update Clover to the latest version and I could not find a backups folder.

Is it common for Clover to backup the drivers folder? I found a USB that I've used in the past and copying the files. Still haven't gotten much further, as I, in my infinite wisdom, tried to update Clover and upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra at the same time.

After copying the backup drivers from the USB, I at least get the apple logo and the progress bar (although it seems to be stalling out, but I can troubleshoot that the usual ways).

Just curios though if there is something I am missing in the CLover install to make sure it backs up my previous driver layout.

For some reason I couldn't find an EFI-backups directory in the root of my drive too.
I solved by downloading the Clover EFI ISO (not the installer!) from the official site (at the time of writing: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Bootable_ISO/CloverISO-4630.tar.lzma/download).
On a Windows PC, I extracted the LZMA and mounted the ISO inside, then copied the directory EFI/CLOVER/drivers-Off/drivers64UEFI from the ISO to a FAT32 pendrive.
Plug the pendrive in the hackintosh then power it on and launch the EFI shell.
In the list of drives, you will find a FS# (in my case FS0) that contains USB in the path, this is your pendrive. Mount it with the map command as stated in the first post, then mount the EFI partition and copy the missing file from the pendrive.
Hope this helps!

Thank you!!!!
but for Z170-gaming5 motherboard there was also a needed file: OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

Maybe someone can help me. I can not update the clover. Stuck on version 4509. After the update, after downloading after the start of the clover this image. (attached screenshot) In advance, thank you for your help!

In order to return the system to the working state - I just restore the old version of the CLOVERX64.efi file (in the EFI / COLVER folder), and again everything works, but the clover version is old accordingly. 4509. How can I find out that I can not download a new version of the clover? What could be the problem? All files in driver folders are identical to old ones, nothing is deleted and lost.

Attachments

• P80810-143956.jpg
    P80810-143956.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I too got the same message ("FS# is not recognised as an internal or external command! operable program! or script file") when I typed in FS# (#=EFI partition number) in clover shell screen. It actually referred to the partition as 'alias'. Could it be because I had earlier cleared the multiple boot configuration with bcfg boot command? Any help would be highly appreciated as am desperate to boot into my OS. Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back