Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Clover Update r4586 disables OS Boot (Black Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same, but I was able to get into my system by booting from a bootable usb with my operating system on it and clover installed to it as well (search this site, you'll find how to do it). Just be sure to select OsxAptioFixDrv-64 during instalation of clover on the usb stick. Then select the usb as boot option, and when you get to the clover screen, choose 'Boot from OS X [your version] on HD'. When you're in, reinstall clover on the hdd/ssd of your computer with that OsxAptioFixDrv-64 option checked. Much easier then doing all the Clover Shell stuff imho.

Same issue here - keyboard wont let me use shift while in clover or shell (which means no semicolon). Unfortunately I'm not able to boot to my original bootable USB (USB doesn't even show up in the BIOS load screen and from Clover -- getting all "+++++" in verbose but nothing else after many minutes). Same goes for my Bootable CC Cloner hard drive, cannot boot to it either.

My next logical step is to go and make a new bootable USB, fresh OS, fresh multibeast clover, etc. and hope that it lets me boot up enough to be able to fix my original install.

Any thoughts on getting my keyboard working though would be appreciated. I've tried a wireless keyboard, bluetooth and a wired one all to no avail on getting the shift key working. I also gave it a go w/ a USB to PS/2 adapter but my keyboard didnt work at all with that. Only thing I havent been able to test is a true ps/2 keyboard.

Thoughts anyone?

Well to add to the story. I managed to get myself back up and running with the help of this thread.

I followed the standard guide to make a new bootable USB after downloading High Sierra. I probably realize I didn't really need to do this but alas, I did.
Then I downloaded Clover, and installed it to the USB drive, with the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (also anything else you might need, such as NVRAM).
From there I was able to boot to that UEFI USB Drive which runs Clover and from there I was able to get back into my HackinMac.
Then I reinstalled clover to the correct drive, with the correct options.
All is Kosher. Except for the sleep problem which I was trying to fix in the first place!

thanks!

How would I get into the clover boot menu when I set it to 0s for fast boot?

Hello Everyone

For some reason, in the latest version of clover (4674), I simply cannot use the shift alt or ctrl keys! This means I can't type the special characters required to complete the fix that ukulele01 and MissCatD have put forward at the very beginning of this discussion.

I've tried 3 different wired keyboards in different USB ports and two other wireless keyboards (in different spots) and I've also tried disabling and re enabling UEFI EHCI.

This is really strange and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Martek

I literality just got this worked and would like to share my experience (I know how frustrated it is).
I had the same issue about shift key. Then found the key can function properly if I do it with an installation USB (here shows how to create one). The rest is just follow this post.
Thanks MissCatD for such a detail and clear instruction!!!

I literality just got this worked and would like to share my experience (I know how frustrated it is).
I had the same issue about shift key. Then found the key can function properly if I do it with an installation USB (here shows how to create one). The rest is just follow this post.
Thanks MissCatD for such a detail and clear instruction!!!

I had this problem with 4674 but then found that I could get to the Clover Shell by booting from my original USB, which has 4411 installed. My problem now is that when I run Clover Shell and map all of my drives, the system hangs if I execute the "ls" command in FS5, FS6, FS7 or FS8. So I have identified the EFS volume (FS3) but can't identify the MacOS volume.

Is there a reason why some of these volumes would cause a crash when I try to execute "ls"?

Anyone assist what kind of keyboard are you using to fix the clover and is it plugged(usb/ps2).

I can’t get to type FS0:

Only can do FS0;

I encountered this exact problem. @csw literally has posted the workaround in this thread.

Alternative is to remove the SSD and plug it as external to another macOS. Then install OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi...Thanks
6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back