Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can't boot with dual monitor setup on GTX970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm hdmi eizo works perfect... after u add a vga/adapter to dvi i can start os sierra... but endup in a bootloop. Can cry :(

My euxo alone goes... alone dvi too but cant use both. Crash after crash

I have gigabyte z170x ud5 th with GTX970, and I have the same problem : no problem with one monitor, and if I plug the second monitor after the boot, it works perfectly, but if I boot with 2 monitors, black screen after apple logo on the 2 monitors.
I'm with IMac14,2 SMBios
I have tried to change CSM option in the Bios, I don't have AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy in config.plist...
and I have no more idea to test...

First monitor is HDMI and second with DVIDVI cable...

please help !

Same Exact issue, also 970 sierra.

Have you found a solution ?

Same problem here..

Hey everybody, I managed to solve it.

put this into config.plist under "KextsToPatch"

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>(c)Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaXg=
</data>
</dict>

and then change the SMBIOS to 15,1

I can finally boot with 2 monitors

I've the same problem (GeForce 960 GTX Gigabyte) with Windows I have no problems in any of the two scenarios.
I really need help :( It is correct as I connect the monitor? Can I change something?

6c40a7b3f5.jpg

@albertorossi I have almost the same set up, and used a DP-VGA adapters. Only I have 3 Monitors, works fine under Windows 10, as NVIDIA has a nice application that lets control multiple monitors under a setting called "surround" but there is no such app for the Mac, only the NVIDA Driver Manager.

My problem is my Mac only sees 2 monitors, the ones connected via DP-VGA, but does not see the one connected via HDMI, it does not even show up System Preferences - Mirroring options.

MonitorConnections.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 1.28.16 PM.png

the same problem

5 Days of scouring google, I solved this by Disabling CSM in BIOS solved it for me.
On Sierra 10.12.6 With nVidia web drivers ( 378.05.05.25f01 )
Hardware -> H170M-ITX + i7-6700 - w/ GTX970 Using SMBIOS iMac14,2 <- though I switched back to iMac17,1 perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back