Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can't boot with dual monitor setup on GTX970

Status
Not open for further replies.
What SMBios are you using? Try MacPro 5,1 or iMac 14,2.

Not sure about the other problems, but for the reboot issue during startup while dual monitors connected to GTX 970, I found my solution here is to change smbios from iMac12,2 to iMac14,2,

I have both monitors connected to DVI ports, Dell 3008WFP @2560x1600 and Dell 2001FP @ 1200x1600.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, changing iMac12,2 to iMac14,2 fixed the reboot issue for me. ^^

I had the same problem. If you have AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch in Clover config.plist (Kernel and Kext patches) remove it. This fixed the issue for me.

@MessyMass : that did not work for me with ASUSZ170 Pro Gaming and GTX 970.

I was having a similar problem with 2 4K monitors and 1 HD on a GTX 960, what finaly solved it was disabling CSM in the bios. I have a gigabyte UEFI bios and apparently under bios settings select OS, if you select "Other OS" it defaults to CSM on. So I had to change the OS to Windows 8, then the CSM option becomes available and then I disabled it. Booted with the 3 monitors without issues.

I had the same problem. If you have AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch in Clover config.plist (Kernel and Kext patches) remove it. This fixed the issue for me.
Hello, I disabled AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy and I got a blackscreen.

Disabling CSM didn't work either.

Do you guys have inject intel on ?

I have gigabyte z170x ud5 th with GTX970, and I have the same problem : no problem with one monitor, and if I plug the second monitor after the boot, it works perfectly, but if I boot with 2 monitors, black screen after apple logo on the 2 monitors.
I'm with IMac14,2 SMBios
I have tried to change CSM option in the Bios, I don't have AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy in config.plist...
and I have no more idea to test...

First monitor is HDMI and second with DVIDVI cable...

please help !

Last edited:
I have the same exact problem. One monitor boots, the second is black. I have to turn it off and then back on to get it to work. It's very annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back