Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z270
CPU
Core i7 7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080Ti
I have just built this machine and am looking to replace my Mac Pro with a more up-to-date machine.
I initially got macOS Sierra 10.12.3 installed however had a few graphical glitches in macOS using the onboard Intel HD 630 graphics over HDMI.
To get it to boot into the installer I had to change my BIOS settings to the recommended settings, put in a FakeCPUID (0x0506e3) in the Clover config.plist on the UniBeast created installer and then swap out the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi driver from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64.UEFI with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver from Nick Woodhams.

With this combination I was able to boot to the installer, format my M.2 SATA SSD as Mac OS Extended and install Sierra.

Then, 24 hours later, along came 10.12.4. What could possibly go wrong with applying the update?

I'm now trying to reinstall macOS from scratch, however can't get past the initial stages of the boot process.

After upgrading and trying to boot I was receiving an error about unsupported CPU, even though I had the FakeCPUID in the config.plist, so I decided to wait a few days and do a clean installation once the tools had caught up to the new version.

I have tried 4 different combinations of the OsxAptioFixDrv in Clover on the installer and none of them get me very far at all.

1. Using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from Nick Woodhams
Boot hangs at:
Freeing low memory (up to 0x20000000)...
Result = 0
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(Is the number of + signs important?)

2. Using the stock OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
Boot hangs at:
Error allocating 0x4bec pages at 0x000000000c87b000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

And it hangs

3. Using the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (from the latest Clover iso) and Test2-2016.efi from Nick Woodhams
Boot hangs at:

And it hangs

4. Using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and Test2-2016.efi from Nick Woodhams
Boot hangs at:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And it hangs

Does anyone have any pointers to get past this stage?
Thanks.

I have just built this machine and am looking to replace my Mac Pro with a more up-to-date machine.
I initially got macOS Sierra 10.12.3 installed however had a few graphical glitches in macOS using the onboard Intel HD 630 graphics over HDMI.
To get it to boot into the installer I had to change my BIOS settings to the recommended settings, put in a FakeCPUID (0x0506e3) in the Clover config.plist on the UniBeast created installer and then swap out the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi driver from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64.UEFI with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver from Nick Woodhams.

With this combination I was able to boot to the installer, format my M.2 SATA SSD as Mac OS Extended and install Sierra.

Then, 24 hours later, along came 10.12.4. What could possibly go wrong with applying the update?

I'm now trying to reinstall macOS from scratch, however can't get past the initial stages of the boot process.

After upgrading and trying to boot I was receiving an error about unsupported CPU, even though I had the FakeCPUID in the config.plist, so I decided to wait a few days and do a clean installation once the tools had caught up to the new version.

I have tried 4 different combinations of the OsxAptioFixDrv in Clover on the installer and none of them get me very far at all.

1. Using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from Nick Woodhams
Boot hangs at:
Freeing low memory (up to 0x20000000)...
Result = 0

(Is the number of + signs important?)

2. Using the stock OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
Boot hangs at:
Error allocating 0x4bec pages at 0x000000000c87b000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

And it hangs

3. Using the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (from the latest Clover iso) and Test2-2016.efi from Nick Woodhams
Boot hangs at:

And it hangs

4. Using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and Test2-2016.efi from Nick Woodhams
Boot hangs at:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And it hangs

Does anyone have any pointers to get past this stage?
Thanks.
  • Current problem is related to the contents of your CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder either current or recent past causing problem from Kernel cache. I can suggest two things:
    • Try resetting CMOS and "Loading Optimized Default BIOS" and then changing all the BIOS settings back to what are required for Sierra Installation and then reboot and see.
    • If the above does not succeed, upload the drivers64UEFI folder to the Forum as zipped file for someone to check and suggest modifications if needed.

Thanks @cmn699 - I'll give it a go. The mobo is pretty much brand-new - the only configuration I've done with it was to flash a new firmware when I first got it and then make the required tweaks for macOS, I haven't done any overclocking or other tweaking, but I will reset to defaults and then configure for macOS again.
If that doesn't work, I'll put up the requested folder.

OK, no go - still the same as before. Hanging at the same place.
I reset the BIOS to factory defaults, applied the settings as per the guide and set Boot Mode Select to UEFI (instead of Legacy + UEFI)
Picture is what I've got in my drivers64UEFI folder and the zip is the contents.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 4.35.20 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 4.35.20 pm.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,189
  • drivers64UEFI.zip
    63.8 KB · Views: 268
Pls, try a new UniBeast-7.1.1 which was released yesterday evening. Helped me a lot. Kudos, folks!!

Last edited:
Same situation here with MSI H270 Gaming M3....
No possible to boot, i tried lot of solution but at max i have a BSOD just after boot.
Usually it simply stay at clover boot with lot of
+++++++++++++++++++

OK, I think I've got this sorted - I rebuilt my installer. I was using a cheap SanDisk 8 GB USB stick which was pretty slow (UniBeast took 1/2 an hour to make the installer on it).
I've since rebuilt it on an OWC Envoy 256 GB SSD - UniBeast took just a few minutes to make the installer and I could boot successfully after editing Clover's config.plist to add the FakeCPUID as 0x0506e3 and swapped out the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi driver from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64.UEFI with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver from Nick Woodhams.

I'm using a GeForce GTX 660Ti graphics card, but am stuck at 1024x768, but that's a different issue for a different thread. Let's just say however that it looks rather interesting on a 34" ultrawide monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back