Contribute
Register

[Solved] Boot disk not seen by EFI Mounter / CC after CPU / Motherboard Upgrade..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 9 5950X
Graphics
Radeon Pro VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I'm super stuck here so thanks in advance for your patience / help..

I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu from z270 and 7700k to Maximus Hero X and 7800k. I noticed that I no longer could mount my OSX drive to edit plist etc but otherwise everything ran well. This morning I updated High Sierra to 10.13.5 (17F77) and I've had absolute hell ever since. Not only can I still not get to my EFI folder but there are graphics and performance issues in Chrome and my 3D program Cinema4D - I can barely pan around a cube. I checked Photoshop which is fine it seems but haven't had time to check any other programs.

Because I'm an idiot and broke I don't have CCC but I have recent Time Machine backups so after many driver re-installs and double checking kexts etc I formatted the drive and reinstalled fresh according to Stork's Hero II guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ximus-z370-hero-x-i7-8700k-amd-rx-580.245074/ but the problems all remain.

I'm really at a loss and I'm very worried about jeopardising the project I'm half way through. Any suggestions would be great!

Ok, so it appears the issue with mounting my boot disk efi partition was down to not correctly partitioning it during the new install. This is working now. I can only assume that the problem with that the first time around arose not from hardware updates but a minor OS X update at the same time that could have converted my boot disk to APFS..?

Anyway. I’ll make sure I get CCC so I don’t have to go through all this again and I’ll move my performance question (Chrome is still not displaying correctly) to the Graphics section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back