Motherboard
Mac Pro 2008 - 8 Core
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I built my PC a few weeks back but since having it have been desperate for OSX.

I started the hackintosh process for it today and have almost got it all going except for one major issue...

I get a black screen after the apple loading screen whenever I am booting without my USB stick in.

I am using a GTX 670 and have installed both the official nvidia drivers and the multibeast injected nvidia drivers.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks

Black Screen When Booting without USB

So I built my PC a few weeks back but since having it have been desperate for OSX.

I started the hackintosh process for it today and have almost got it all going except for one major issue...

I get a black screen after the apple loading screen whenever I am booting without my USB stick in.

I am using a GTX 670 and have installed both the official nvidia drivers and the multibeast injected nvidia drivers.

Thanks

Be sure that inject nvidia is false in config.plist.

Thanks
boot in verbose and get us a screen shot of the output where the text stops and what hardware details are you installing on
verbose use the boot flag -v or hit the space bar in the clover menu

That's what I want to do but how do I access the efi?

When I boot into OSX with my USB stick, no EFI partition shows up on the desktop...

That's what I want to do but how do I access the efi?

When I boot into OSX with my USB stick, no EFI partition shows up on the desktop...

When at clover. Go to options. Graphics injection. And make sure inject is unticked.

When at clover. Go to options. Graphics injection. And make sure inject is unticked.

It has a plus in it so I removed that.
I clicked return and tried booting but nothing still black.
The case power also isn't working so I am having to turn off at the switch on the PSU.
I am assuming the USB should be out for this process.

Last edited:

in verbose the text flashes up quite quick so not sure if i can grab a screenshot.

Should i be doing this with the usb in or not?

boot in verbose and get us a screen shot of the output where the text stops and what hardware details are you installing on
verbose use the boot flag -v or hit thespace bar in the clover menu

My hardware is as follows:
Gigabyte H81M-H
i5 4460
GTX 670
16GB RAM
250GB SSD

SOLVED

I used Clover Configurator to mount the EFI volume from my USB stick and copied the EFI folder to the desktop.

Then I unmounted it and used clover configurator to mount the EFI volume from the boot drive.

Removed the EFI from the boot drive, replaced with EFI from USB and job done!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back