Contribute
Register

[Solved] 100% progress bar on Boot screen and then Reboot occurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at this point I am just going to start over following your previously mentioned guide post.
Have it your way :)
If you need help, post in detail like you have been doing in the last 2 posts.

Have it your way :)
If you need help, post in detail like you have been doing in the last 2 posts.

My only problem so far is that all of the kext Files are empty
Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 4.16.01 PM.png

My only problem so far is that all of the kext Files are empty View attachment 311173
  • That is why you need to edit as shown in my original post. [Again uploaded the image to this post]
  • Remove the Empty numbered Folders 10.6 to 10.13.[See image]
  • From Tonymac Downloads >kexts> download the kexts required for your Build using the uploaded image as an example. You may NOT NEED ALL in my Other folder but NO Harm if you download copy and paste all in the image [as shown in the image].
  • You definitely need to install Lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext+AppleALC.kext FakeSMC.kext + Ethernext kext . You Do NOT need nvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and WhateverGreen.kext (for Radeon).
    • I downloaded my kexts in the above from RehabMan bucket.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 88
  • That is why you need to edit as shown in my original post. [Again uploaded the image to this post]
  • Remove the Empty numbered Folders 10.6 to 10.13.[See image]
  • From Tonymac Downloads >kexts> download the kexts required for your Build using the uploaded image as an example. You may NOT NEED ALL in my Other folder but NO Harm if you download copy and paste all in the image [as shown in the image].
  • You definitely need to install Lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext+AppleALC.kext FakeSMC.kext + Ethernext kext . You Do NOT need nvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and WhateverGreen.kext (for Radeon).
    • I downloaded my kexts in the above from RehabMan bucket.
Got it. Your guide post made it seem like the kext where already in the clover you dowloaded i guess. I am catching on I think.

Got it. Your guide post made it seem like the kext where already in the clover you dowloaded i guess. I am catching on I think.

Can not find the AppleALC.kext anywhere on this site. A search turns up 0 results

• CLOVER to begin with is totally empty except the ones you install by √ during install as in /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
  • The "/CLOVER/kexts/Other" is empty (as are the numbered folders which are not needed at all) and its contents vary with each board (each board may vary in their Ethernet/Audio/ Integrated Graphics/ Chipsets and hence needs different drivers(kexts) and support files .
  • You have to decide what you want by reading the MoBo Manual (meant for Windows) >Chipsets for LAN/Audio/WifI or BlueTooth and using these Chipsets look in various Hackintosh sites for corresponding drivers(kexts).
  • Best place to find kexts is Tonymac Downloads>kexts
  • Similarly from your Intel CPU model , find its associated Intel HD and find the required assist kext like Intel GraphicsFixup.kext ., Shiki.kext
    • For the special kexts like IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki, etc etc I personally prefer to first search RehabMan's bucket [as he is by far the best (in my opinion) in Graphics like Toleda in Audio].
  • /CLOVER/config.plist is also an empty slate or in some cases the ACPI when opened in CCV ( older versions) may have unwanted entries in the "fixes" section ( current CCV does not show that problem).
  • config.plist is an instruction sheet for CLOVER as to how to use the various kexts and patches installed by the user.
  • You need to edit config.plist before booting with that disk. The config.plist inside the USB installer that helped to install the System disk is by far the closet one you want to follow in the System disk.
    • For newbies config.plist editing is one area that might need help.

once I download these kext do I drop them into the "other" folder?
In the configurator, I do not get the same options from the patches in the drop down menus.
This is getting pretty frustrating for me. I had a working machine with sierra. It was actually easy to set up.
I feel like I have an $1800 paper wait now. :/

Last edited:
In the configurator, I do not get the same options from the patches in the drop down menus.
This is getting pretty frustrating for me. I had a working machine with sierra. It was actually easy to set up.

• You copy and paste them to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other that was empty .
  • Install them using kext Wizard( they will go to /System/Library/Extensions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back