Contribute
Register

[Solved] 100% progress bar on Boot screen and then Reboot occurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
once I download these kext do I drop them into the "other" folder?
In the configurator, I do not get the same options from the patches in the drop down menus.
This is getting pretty frustrating for me. I had a working machine with sierra. It was actually easy to set up.
I feel like I have an $1800 paper wait now. :/

In the configurator, I do not get the same options from the patches in the drop down menus.

Anywhere you have an issue, upload the Display Screen shot to show the problem or describe in such a detailed manner that anyone can easily understand what is being posted.

This is getting pretty frustrating for me.
Hackintoshing is not for those who have low threshold to face uncertainties and set backs while trying to make a Mac out of Windows hardware!.
You are getting more one-on- one help in detail even with illustrations, than most get by a posted link to a webpage to find out.
I had a working machine with sierra. It was actually easy to set up.
If High Sierra installation is too much for you to handle, you can install macOS Sierra that you felt is easier.

• You copy and paste them to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other that was empty .
  • Install them using kext Wizard( they will go to /System/Library/Extensions)
Ok but that is after I get high sierra up and running that i install the kexts?
how do i get these values described here?

Attachments

• IMG_3800.JPG
    IMG_3800.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3801.JPG
    IMG_3801.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
Ok but that is after I get high sierra up and running that i install the kexts?
how do i get these values described here?
  • Install essential kexts in CLOVER/Other and in S/L/E and
  • edit config.plist opened with CCV>
    • Boot >Arguments with [√] Verbose (-v) [√]dart=0 [√]-disablegfxfirmware in "Custom Flags" box below shikigva=1
    • Devices >Fake ID IntelGFX [0x19128086] USB [√]Inject [√]Add ClockID [√]FixOwnership
    • Graphics : [√]InjecIntel ig-platform-id=19120000
    • Kernel and Kext Patches just complete the checks (√) as shown for now, rest can be done if post- install has problems
    • Rt variable must have CsrActiveConfig=0x67
    • SMBIOS iMac18,3
    • System Parameters [√] Inject System ID Inject Kext = Detect or Yes
  • Now save the changes and reboot.
Edited to add:
If APFS is the format for SSD, config.plist >in Gui> Hide Volume > add (+) Preboot to the list of other hidden devices to prevent unneeded devices from showing up in CBM screen.

Anywhere you have an issue, upload the Display Screen shot to show the problem or describe in such a detailed manner that anyone can easily understand what is being posted.

Hackintoshing is not for those who have low threshold to face uncertainties and set backs while trying to make a Mac out of Windows hardware!.
You are getting more one-on- one help in detail even with illustrations, than most get by a posted link to a webpage to find out.

If High Sierra installation is too much for you to handle, you can install macOS Sierra that you felt is easier.

I am just trying to understand why this seem so much more difficult. The installation guide on the site makes it seem like it would be just as easy as sierra.
  • Install essential kexts in CLOVER/Other and in S/L/E and
  • edit config.plist opened with CCV>
    • Boot >Arguments with [√] Verbose (-v) [√]dart=0 [√]-disablegfxfirmware in "Custom Flags" box below shikigva=1
    • Devices >Fake ID IntelGFX [0x19128086] USB [√]Inject [√]Add ClockID [√]FixOwnership
    • Graphics : [√]InjecIntel ig-platform-id=19120000
    • Kernel and Kext Patches just complete the checks (√) as shown for now, rest can be done if post- install has problems
    • Rt variable must have CsrActiveConfig=0x67
    • SMBIOS iMac18,3
    • System Parameters [√] Inject System ID Inject Kext = Detect or Yes
  • Now save the changes and reboot.
Edited to add:
If APFS is the format for SSD, config.plist >in Gui> Hide Volume > add (+) Preboot to the list of other hidden devices to prevent unneeded devices from showing up in CBM screen.

does this look right?

Attachments

• IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3803.jpg
    IMG_3803.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3804.jpg
    IMG_3804.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3806.jpg
    IMG_3806.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3807.jpg
    IMG_3807.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3808.jpg
    IMG_3808.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3813.jpg
    IMG_3813.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I am just trying to understand why this seem so much more difficult. The installation guide on the site makes it seem like it would be just as easy as sierra.

does this look right?

NO.Many need editing. I am checking in detail.

Attachments

• 1.Boot.png
    1.Boot.png
    487 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.Devices.png
    2.Devices.png
    573.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 3.Graphics.png
    3.Graphics.png
    732.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 4.Rt Variables.png
    4.Rt Variables.png
    576.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 5.SMBIOS.png
    5.SMBIOS.png
    575.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 1.Boot.png
    1.Boot.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 92

I am just trying to understand why this seem so much more difficult. The installation guide on the site makes it seem like it would be just as easy as Sierra.

Since you were able to install the system to HDD by overcoming all previous problems,
You can try multibeast ( that installs CLOVER+Kexts+Graphics Fix etc) , if you are so inclined, instead of trying manual method, and see how that works for you. If that fails you can come back to this manual method. It is your choice.

So after I fix those things and I save the edit of the Config.plist I eject the USB take it to my build and boot up, but nothing in the options has changed. Even though if I pulg it out and stick it back in to my mac and reopen the Configurator the changes are still there. am I missing Something else?

Attachments

• IMG_3814.JPG
    IMG_3814.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3815.JPG
    IMG_3815.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
So after I fix those things and I save the edit of the Config.plist I eject the USB take it to my build and boot up, but nothing in the options has changed. Even though if I pulg it out and stick it back in to my mac and reopen the Configurator the changes are still there. am I missing Something else?
DO NOT Eject until you finish 1st reboot after setting everything and login into Desktop with your credentials (login name and password). After that you eject the USB installer.

DO NOT Eject until you finish 1st reboot after setting everything and login into Desktop with your credentials (login name and password). After that you eject the USB installer.

After you completed the installation of the hard disk and after several reboots when it reached the desktop, what did you do first on the System SSD? Did you not install Clover on it?

After you completed the installation of the hard disk and after several reboots when it reached the desktop, what did you do first on the System SSD? Did you not install Clover on it?

I am making this bootable USB on my iMac. How am I supposed to take it to install on my Hachintosh if I do not eject it?
After my Install process I am still stuck with the reboot loop. Try to load the OS from the SSD and goes through the load screen 100% and then auto reboots. I never make it to the desk top to load anything. How many reboots are needed I have done 5 and still get no where.

I will start the whole process over and take a short video clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back