IMG_3837.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3838.JPG
    IMG_3838.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_C27652441FA3-1.jpeg
    IMG_C27652441FA3-1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
The CBM screen shot shows in addition to your "High Sierra USB installer" (marked External) your HS disk partitioned in APFS format showing its Preboot icons (unnecessary and confusing)
If you don't want the unneeded APFS icons but retain only the HS installed disk + Recovery disk (and the USB installer Flash disk External Disk until the whole installation to System disk is completed) , then you will have to edit the config.plist of the System disk within "CLOVER" using "Clover Configurator Vibrant" and open the "CCV _Gui" > and go to "Hide Volume" section on the Extreme Right side toward top and click the + (Plus sign) at the bottom of that section and type in Preboot as the last option to existing list ( /EFI/Boot/BootX64.Efi and Windows) and then save that edited config.plist. [See image for visual clues]

done.
Thanks for your help-ish...

Attachments

• IMG_3854.JPG
    IMG_3854.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 61
I am making this bootable USB on my iMac. How am I supposed to take it to install on my Hachintosh if I do not eject it?
After my Install process I am still stuck with the reboot loop. Try to load the OS from the SSD and goes through the load screen 100% and then auto reboots. I never make it to the desk top to load anything. How many reboots are needed I have done 5 and still get no where.

I will start the whole process over and take a short video clip.
It is in this post, I realized this morning for the first time that you were still trying to create your USB installer Disk where as the last several posts prior to this one appeared to me as problem loading Clover and kexts to the System hard disk created already with a working UEFI USB installer!

In thread #11 you said
I think at this point I am just going to start over following your previously mentioned guide post.
One hour later in post #12 your questions about kexts installation without any reference to USB installer made me think you are at the desktop of the new system hdd trying to configure CLOVER in the System disk. My advice was all tuned toward the newly created system disk.Your post #14 reinforced that you are still having problem installing the needed kexts in the hard disk!!!!

It was all from lack of proper communication with a very brief one sentence posts stemming from frustration. By this time I was too sleepy to help you any more and called it quits after a long day, hoping you would read all the back and forth exchanges and figure out where you got out of step with me and make the needed course correction or I could come back and guide you again the next day.

done.
Thanks for your help-ish...
:):clap:
Glad, finally you seems to have made it to the desktop of the High Sierra System disk ! It will all be worth the trouble, if you can go back and make an assessment of what could have been done better to avoid unnecessary frustration.

If your system is booting OK, please edit the Title of this post with a prefix[SOLVED] . Hopefully others can learn from your post what to do or what not to do to solve similar problem.

I can see how my communication style may have effected the convo.

I can see how my communication style may have effected the convo.
  • Thank you for your summation of this long troubleshoot. :)

• If your System has any shut down issue let me know.
    • I had "Reboot on shut down" problem. I managed to fix it with ease.
    • When " Automatic Reboot" was fixed, the computer stopped shutting down completely with Monitor Display shutting down with continued CPU Fan spin and Power to the MoBo requiring Turning the On/Off Switch to Turn OFF.
    • Finally I have fixed all of them with additional troubleshoot and config.plist editing.

• If you have any such issue. please let me know, I may be able to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back