CPU
i5 7500 3.4
Graphics
iIntegrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was running the latest version of Sierra. It worked great on my build with no additional drivers needed for what I use the machine for. I want to update to High Sierra so I could mess around with the OS Server App. I tried to do the direct update and wasn't having any luck. So, I made a new bootable USB and went through the install. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. Install completed and rebooted. Now when I boot from the SSD the boot shows a 100% progress bar and then reboots. I searched for hours last night looking for anyone that had a similar situation and could not find any helpful info.

Any suggestions? I might just reinstall sierra.

I was running the latest version of Sierra. It worked great on my build with no additional drivers needed for what I use the machine for. I want to update to High Sierra so I could mess around with the OS Server App. I tried to do the direct update and wasn't having any luck. So, I made a new bootable USB and went through the install. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. Install completed and rebooted. Now when I boot from the SSD the boot shows a 100% progress bar and then reboots. I searched for hours last night looking for anyone that had a similar situation and could not find any helpful info.

Any suggestions? I might just reinstall sierra.
  • Upload CLOVER as a compressed file from your System SSD that has the problem, assuming you have installed Multibeast or manual method to install Clover EFI on the High Sierra System SSD.
    • If you have not installed CLOVER on the SSD reboot with the USB installer to Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen and then switch to HS SSD and once on Desktop,install Clover and try again.
  • When you boot the disk , use verbose Mode and upload image of problem Verbose boot screen

I am a newb so I had to research some of the things you are asking me to do. thanks for not completely ignore my post. Anyway
I can't get to the desktop to install multibeast because the after the install from the usb and the install completion from the SSD when I boot the OS From the SSD it runs through the Boot Progress Bar to 100% and then just reboots.

Looks Like it is an issue with Graphics Firmware.

Attachments

• IMG_3799.JPG
    IMG_3799.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 142
I am a newb so I had to research some of the things you are asking me to do. thanks for not completely ignore my post. Anyway
I can't get to the desktop to install multibeast because the after the install from the usb and the install completion from the SSD when I boot the OS From the SSD it runs through the Boot Progress Bar to 100% and then just reboots.

Looks Like it is an issue with Graphics Firmware.

I am a newb so I had to research some of the things you are asking me to do. thanks for not completely ignore my post.

Had you mentioned in your initial post what sort of help you need and what level of expertise you have, I would have tailored the answer accordingly

Anyway

• When you install the OS using your OS X or macOS installer USB on a hard disk formatted in the Disk Utility screen followed by the macOS installer screen to initiate the installation, the installer just copies only the OS files from its System partition and NOT the CLOVER folder from its EFI Partition to the Hard disk. Therefore the installed hard disk cannot boot on its own because it lacks CLOVER EFI bootloader .
  • If you just run a Clover EFI downloaded from the Internet (Sourceforge.net) on the newly installed System disk and don't edit its installed CLOVER and config.plist , the newly installed High Sierra disk will also lack the required ESSENTIAL kexts including special kexts needed for the Graphics card in its CLOVER/kexts/Other folder . In that case also , the System disk will fail to boot to its desktop

• For these reasons, either the system won't boot or boot with the error like the one you have uploaded.

In your current post which disk are you booting? your USB installer disk or
Is the verbose boot from the SSD that was switched to in CBM screen? I agree , the problem is with your Graphics.
To know how to fix the problem, additional information is needed about the booted disk that shows the above screen and the BIOS options chosen for that boot.

The Verbose mode is from the SSD. The SSD is Labeled "High Sierra"
I ran the install from the USB. Formatted the SSD. Ran the install and Rebooted.
Then I ran the install from the USB again, and Opened the Terminal to input the No-Convert" Camand.
Then I ran the Install from the SSD.
So the image file I loaded is from the SSD "Boot macOS From High Sierra"
IMG_3788.JPG

going to read through your guide for the GA 270X Ultra and see what I can learn from that. Thanks again mfor your help.

Had you mentioned in your initial post what sort of help you need and what level of expertise you have, I would have tailored the answer accordingly

• When you install the OS using your OS X or macOS installer USB on a hard disk formatted in the Disk Utility screen followed by the macOS installer screen to initiate the installation, the installer just copies only the OS files from its System partition and NOT the CLOVER folder from its EFI Partition to the Hard disk. Therefore the installed hard disk cannot boot on its own because it lacks CLOVER EFI bootloader .
  • If you just run a Clover EFI downloaded from the Internet (Sourceforge.net) on the newly installed System disk and don't edit its installed CLOVER and config.plist , the newly installed High Sierra disk will also lack the required ESSENTIAL kexts including special kexts needed for the Graphics card in its CLOVER/kexts/Other folder . In that case also , the System disk will fail to boot to its desktop

• For these reasons, either the system won't boot or boot with the error like the one you have uploaded.

In your current post which disk are you booting? your USB installer disk or
Is the verbose boot from the SSD that was switched to in CBM screen? I agree , the problem is with your Graphics.
To know how to fix the problem, additional information is needed about the booted disk that shows the above screen and the BIOS options chosen for that boot.

What is the program you used to edit the contents of Clover in your post:
[SUCCESS] macOS High Sierra on GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming +i7 7700K Intel HD 630/Radeon5450?

What is the program you used to edit the contents of Clover in your post:
[SUCCESS] macOS High Sierra on GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming +i7 7700K Intel HD 630/Radeon5450?
  • It is Clover configurator Vibrant DOWNLOAD
  • That will help you to 'mount the EFI Partition" of the disk (SSD in your case) on Desktop
  • Then you can navigate to CLOVER via EFI>EFI>CLOVER

The Verbose mode is from the SSD. The SSD is Labeled "High Sierra"
I ran the install from the USB. Formatted the SSD. Ran the install and Rebooted.
Then I ran the install from the USB again, and Opened the Terminal to input the No-Convert" Camand.
Then I ran the Install from the SSD.
So the image file I loaded is from the SSD "Boot macOS From High Sierra"View attachment 311156
The CBM screen shot shows in addition to your "High Sierra USB installer" (marked External) your HS disk partitioned in APFS format showing its Preboot icons (unnecessary and confusing)
If you don't want the unneeded APFS icons but retain only the HS installed disk + Recovery disk (and the USB installer Flash disk External Disk until the whole installation to System disk is completed) , then you will have to edit the config.plist of the System disk within "CLOVER" using "Clover Configurator Vibrant" and open the "CCV _Gui" > and go to "Hide Volume" section on the Extreme Right side toward top and click the + (Plus sign) at the bottom of that section and type in Preboot as the last option to existing list ( /EFI/Boot/BootX64.Efi and Windows) and then save that edited config.plist. [See image for visual clues]

Attachments

• config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume.png
    config.plist_Gui_Hide Volume.png
    274.2 KB · Views: 169
The CBM screen shot shows in addition to your "High Sierra USB installer" (marked External) your HS disk partitioned in APFS format showing its Preboot icons (unnecessary and confusing)
If you don't want the unneeded APFS icons but retain only the HS installed disk + Recovery disk (and the USB installer Flash disk External Disk until the whole installation to System disk is completed) , then you will have to edit the config.plist of the System disk within "CLOVER" using "Clover Configurator Vibrant" and open the "CCV _Gui" > and go to "Hide Volume" section on the Extreme Right side toward top and click the + (Plus sign) at the bottom of that section and type in Preboot as the last option to existing list ( /EFI/Boot/BootX64.Efi and Windows) and then save that edited config.plist. [See image for visual clues]

I think at this point I am just going to start over following your previously mentioned guide post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back