Motherboard
Asrock Z170M Extreme4
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hey Guys,

I am stuck with the 10.12.6 update.
Used the Mac App Store to do the update from very well running 10.12.5 and now I am stuck with a kernel panic before the update process starts.

I attached the photo of the panic maybe some one can make some sens of it.

My rig has the following components:
Asrock Z170M Extreme4 Mobo
1080 GTX
TP-Link PCIe Wifi
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD

This config was running flawless with 10.12.5

Things I tried but didn't work:
- boot in verbose, safe mode, without injecting kexts
- removing the fakecpu id to have native Kaby Lake support
- boot with nv_disable=1

I am using 14.2 iMac SMBIOS.

I suspect the 950 Pro NMVe ssd is maybe the cause of the problem.
I found a Clover config.plist kext patch at Piker Alpha:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/nvmefamily-kext-bin-patch-data/

Can this patch fix the kernel panic?

Help me pls
I would like to avoid a clean install of the system if possible.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 191
Fixed it!
I had to delete the IoNVMeFamily kext after the 10.12.6 update then use the updated HackNVMe kext.

Now everything works like a charm

Hey Guys,

I am stuck with the 10.12.6 update.
Used the Mac App Store to do the update from very well running 10.12.5 and now I am stuck with a kernel panic before the update process starts.

I attached the photo of the panic maybe some one can make some sens of it.

My rig has the following components:
Asrock Z170M Extreme4 Mobo
1080 GTX
TP-Link PCIe Wifi
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD

This config was running flawless with 10.12.5

Things I tried but didn't work:
- boot in verbose, safe mode, without injecting kexts
- removing the fakecpu id to have native Kaby Lake support
- boot with nv_disable=1

I am using 14.2 iMac SMBIOS.

I suspect the 950 Pro NMVe ssd is maybe the cause of the problem.
I found a Clover config.plist kext patch at Piker Alpha:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/nvmefamily-kext-bin-patch-data/

Can this patch fix the kernel panic?

Help me pls
I would like to avoid a clean install of the system if possible.

Hello, I have the same problem that you have had and I would ask you to please help me, since I do not want to resort to having to do the complete installation again, as you have done to remove the kext IoNVMeFamily ?? I do not know how to delete it if I can not access macOS ... I attach image so that you see the error that gives me to my, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 127
Fixed it!
I had to delete the IoNVMeFamily kext after the 10.12.6 update then use the updated HackNVMe kext.

Now everything works like a charm

How were you able to delete and update the kext without being able to boot? I'm having the same problem...

@tumblingpenguin, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I saw ur hack is working good, and I have the same board, but I can't get wake to work, it sleeps fine but black screen on wake in 10.12.6, in high Sierra it wakes but its really slow and laggy and I need to reboot to get macOS to work again. Can you help me out?

How were you able to delete and update the kext without being able to boot? I'm having the same problem...
If you still have the usb drive with the installer boot up using that. Then use terminal to delete the kext from your hacOS partition.

I saw ur hack is working good, and I have the same board, but I can't get wake to work, it sleeps fine but black screen on wake in 10.12.6, in high Sierra it wakes but its really slow and laggy and I need to reboot to get macOS to work again. Can you help me out?

Unfortunately I never fixed the wake issue. The slow and laggy UI issue still exists in 10.13.4. I suspect there is some hardware compatibility issue with 170 series ASRock mobos which prevents the system from waking properly. In my workflow I can use scheduled shut down as a workaround. The computer shuts it self down at 2am everyday.

Unfortunately I never fixed the wake issue. The slow and laggy UI issue still exists in 10.13.4. I suspect there is some hardware compatibility issue with 170 series ASRock mobos which prevents the system from waking properly. In my workflow I can use scheduled shut down as a workaround. The computer shuts it self down at 2am everyday.
ah alright, really down cuz I seen the other lower end 100 series boards work, thanks for the response! if u ever get ambitious 10.14 works on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back