Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus N552VW-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ/HM170
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M, 3840x2160
Hello everyone,

I've been trying to enable acceleration on the HD 530 GPU on my Asus N552VW for the past few days, to no avail.
I'm on 10.12.5, and no matter what combination of tricks and tweaks (I've tried pretty much everything I could come up with, using patches - GFX0 to iGPU and the like, injection, no injection, device ids, ig-platform-ids, kext - lilu, intelGraphicsFixup, FakePCIID, dozens of config.plist found on the internet - @RehabMan's being the first I've tried, DVMT settings...), the GPU is stuck with 31 MB of NVRAM and no acceleration.
I normally tend to fix problems myself, but in this case I'm in over my head, and in dire need of your help.
I've cleaned up my clover config and my OS from kext to make sure I'm starting with a clean slate.
I hope I've attached all the necessary files for you to be able to give me a hand on the matter.

Also:
The result of
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
is just
Code:
13    2 0xffffff7f82247000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
And the result of
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
is
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
KernelCache ID: 18E031E71A04421F8A60134C74B2F45C

Thanks a lot in advance!
-Jack

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    62.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IOReg.ioreg
    7.5 MB · Views: 162
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
Hello everyone,

I've been trying to enable acceleration on the HD 530 GPU on my Asus N552VW for the past few days, to no avail.
I'm on 10.12.5, and no matter what combination of tricks and tweaks (I've tried pretty much everything I could come up with, using patches - GFX0 to iGPU and the like, injection, no injection, device ids, ig-platform-ids, kext - lilu, intelGraphicsFixup, FakePCIID, dozens of config.plist found on the internet - @RehabMan's being the first I've tried, DVMT settings...), the GPU is stuck with 31 MB of NVRAM and no acceleration.
I normally tend to fix problems myself, but in this case I'm in over my head, and in dire need of your help.
I've cleaned up my clover config and my OS from kext to make sure I'm starting with a clean slate.
I hope I've attached all the necessary files for you to be able to give me a hand on the matter.

Also:
The result of
Code:
is just
Code:
13    2 0xffffff7f82247000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
And the result of
Code:
is
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext

Thanks a lot in advance!
-Jack
maybe:
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x19160000</string>

should be:
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x0</string>

and

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>

should be:

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>

you could also try a different SMBIOS, maybe MacBookPro13,1

also you only should have essential kexts in clover/kexts/other, ie fakesmc, voodoops2controller and an ethernet kext

all others should be installed to S/L/E, use kextbeast or kext wizard to install them. you can also install fakesmc, voodoops2controller and an ethernet kext to S/L/E as well and change

<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
to
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Detect</string>

you probably don't need:

<key>VRAM</key>
<integer>1536</integer>

so that should be removed as well

Hello everyone,

Also:
The result of
Code:
is just
Code:
And the result of
Code:
is
Code:

Thanks a lot in advance!
-Jack

You're using an invalid FakeID. You should *expect* graphics to not work if you inject an invalid device-id (with config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX).

No need to use FakeID with Skylake. Remove.

All right, you guys are just geniuses, you've solved my problem in two minutes while I spent the last three days pulling my hair. I feel kind of stupid, but not in a bad way.
Thanks a ton! I'll start working on the sound card, touchpad, and so on, and I'll make a neat post with a tutorial and clover folder for this particular setup.

Thank you again, guys!
-Jack

All right, you guys are just geniuses, you've solved my problem in two minutes while I spent the last three days pulling my hair. I feel kind of stupid, but not in a bad way.
Thanks a ton! I'll start working on the sound card, touchpad, and so on, and I'll make a neat post with a tutorial and clover folder for this particular setup.

Thank you again, guys!
-Jack
forgot to mention

well done on having your hardware profile filled out and all problem reporting files to hand

especially on your first post! :)

Now you're making me blush.
I just followed the guidelines - as everyone should, you guys are doing all the work!
Can't thank you enough, this website is a goldmine.
-Jack

So what did you actually do to solve it. they said many stuff.

So what did you actually do to solve it. they said many stuff.
Hey, sorry just reading your post now.

To sum up, in clover configurator:
  • Nothing related to graphics in the Acpi section;
  • No fake id for the intel card (0x0) in the Devices section;
  • "inject intel" is enabled in the Graphics section (in the same section I have 0x191b0000 as ig-platform-id, but I'm not sure that it's needed).
I don't use any kind of kext related to graphics.
The only subtlety was to patch with CoreDisplay patcher as I have a 4k display.
If you have trouble booting with those settings, you can always put a fake id for the intel card in Clover's settings at boot time, it'll get you onto macOS, but without acceleration.

Good luck!
-Jack

Hey, sorry just reading your post now.

To sum up, in clover configurator:
  • Nothing related to graphics in the Acpi section;
  • No fake id for the intel card (0x0) in the Devices section;
  • "inject intel" is enabled in the Graphics section (in the same section I have 0x191b0000 as ig-platform-id, but I'm not sure that it's needed).
I don't use any kind of kext related to graphics.
The only subtlety was to patch with CoreDisplay patcher as I have a 4k display.
If you have trouble booting with those settings, you can always put a fake id for the intel card in Clover's settings at boot time, it'll get you onto macOS, but without acceleration.

Good luck!
-Jack
Could you post your updated clover folder, I have the same N552VW asus laptop and I am trying to get my full acceleration working along with any other fixes I could make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back