Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
That forum has been moved to legacy so the attachments are inaccessible. Even the links to to supposedly non-legacy threads have also been moved to legacy (even though they were updated just a couple months ago!) Seriously!? What's up with this legacy non-sense?! It's driving me crazy, finding something I can actually download is extremely difficult & time consuming if not downright impossible!
Threads were moved. Search works very well, all there with the downloads (now, at the end of the post). The links in Post 1 of each thread have been updated. I am not updating the old blog links.

First of all THANK YOU so much for creating & maintaining so diligently these threads! Seriously, I see how much you put into it and it's amazing. I also appreciate you fixing the links- even that is above and beyond, I certainly wouldn't expect you to change or update links in the legacy area!

The search does work very well (nearly all the time- occasionally something goes awry, quite possibly on my end... technical or operator error!) :)

I'm wondering if there is some trick to find threads have NOT been moved to the legacy section? I've been struggling to find threads that are accessible to me (to download links), it can become rather frustrating... Again this is probably operator error- I often have a hard time finding the right search parameters to yield the results useful & pertinent to me on a somewhat regular basis.

I get frustrated when I find threads with posts not even 3 months old which have been moved to legacy, but some others which haven't had any new comments for much longer are still here on the regular site. I don't know how to distinguish the two before opening the link (the link info doesn't show that the address is legacy), and there are sometimes so many results I forget which ones are legacy and keep opening the inaccessible threads... Which is certainly not your problem or your fault! I would just appreciate any tips that may assist me or help me make sense of it. I don't quite understand the purpose of moving all these threads to the legacy area- but I recognize that is also not something I need to know either.

Anyway, thank you for your assistance!

I get frustrated when I find threads with posts not even 3 months old which have been moved to legacy, but some others which haven't had any new comments for much longer are still here on the regular site. I don't know how to distinguish the two before opening the link (the link info doesn't show that the address is legacy), and there are sometimes so many results I forget which ones are legacy and keep opening the inaccessible threads... Which is certainly not your problem or your fault! I would just appreciate any tips that may assist me or help me make sense of it. I don't quite understand the purpose of moving all these threads to the legacy area- but I recognize that is also not something I need to know either.!
No thread was moved to Legacy. Instead, a day before the new site was launched, every thread was copied to the new site. New login credentials were required to get into the new site. When the threads were moved, there was no way to associated a legacy link to the same post or thread in the new site.

When that happens, copy the title (important) of the legacy post and paste into the search box in the current site and it will give you the same thread in the current site with any activity since the thread was copied. If there is a thread in legacy, the same thread is on the current site. One more point, when the threads were copied, there was no way to maintain the legacy inline attachments. All the attachments are at the end of the post on the current site. The legacy site is read only accessible and available for the few situations where a an error occurred during the copy process.

For a thread copied to the new site, the author of the thread needs to edit the post for the new links and place attachments inline. Not every author has done that.

THANK YOU! so much for breaking down & explaining to me how the legacy site came to be! Now it all makes perfect sense and I understand perfectly why it exists & why the links are "broken" (although not really broken).
I hope that others will find your post when they're trying to make sense of this whole situation like I was because I never was really able to find any description of the process that created the two sites and all of the seemingly broken links... And without that knowledge/understanding it was very easy to get aggravated by various residual "complications" left behind by the moving of the forum.

Many, many thanks to you for sharing this crucial bit of the forum's history!

Hello Toleda

Can I apply your guide with the below system?

i5 2500
Z68X-UD3H-B3 (Gigabyte)
nVidia GeForce GT 430 1024 Mb
System 10.6.8
Bios version F12 (last version)
DSDT from tonymacx86's database

The version of my AppleHDA is a rollback to AppleHDA for the system 10.6.2 installed from Multibeast, the original kext AppleHDA was deleted by the Multibeast.

Can I copy the AppleHDA from a real MacBook Pro 8,1, 13 inch, and i5 running 10.6.8 or can you recommend an AppleHDA working in conjuction with the DSDT without install enablers?

Greetings

Can I apply your guide with the below system?

Can I copy the AppleHDA from a real MacBook Pro 8,1, 13 inch, and i5 running 10.6.8 or can you recommend an AppleHDA working in conjuction with the DSDT without install enablers?
Yes, for dsdt edits, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio. Use the Lion Audio ID:889 (layout-id 0x79, 0x3, 0x00, 0x00)

For AppleHDA.kext, the version in your mbp will not work. Three choices:
1. use the AppleHDA rollback with the AppleHDA binary edit.
2. use Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA with the AppleHDA binary edit
3. heard the 889 patched AppleHDA.kext in MultiBeast 4.4.1 works in Snow Leopard, no edits required.

Hello Toleda

This is not working, and nothing is clear for me, i just can see a few links for open and check but I can not find a guide ... I just can see requirements and recommendations ... the rest is some messy for me knowledge

Between the links for open I found a guide for edit the DSDT and add the device PEGP and GFX but I am doing some wrong because doesn't work

1 - i can not add the device PEGP because my DSDT have a device PEG0 ... and following an old guide yours, for add HDMI audio on Lion, the device PEG0 is the place for add the code HDMI
2 - Attempt add the HDMI fix blindly on my PEG0 device (because I dont know about edition in DSDT) giving as result a kernel panic after of restart the machine
3 - Adding the HDMI fix under the device PCI0, of no way, because like result I get 2 devices with the same address 0x00010000 for the Device PEGP and 0x00010000 for the device PEG0

Can you help me?

I would like add on my DSDT the nVidia fix with the HDMI fix included and kill 2 birds of a shot ... is possible?

if you have the mood of help me I leave you attached my DSDT and IOReg file ...

Thanks by all
Greetings

Attachments

• Ipanema.ioreg.zip
    391.5 KB · Views: 82
This is not working, and nothing is clear for me, i just can see a few links for open and check but I can not find a guide ... I just can see requirements and recommendations ... the rest is some messy for me knowledge
None of the issues you describe occur if you use the guide recommended. Why did you decide not to use the HDMI guide I linked in my previous post?

OK let me try again ... but I used like first option your recommendation. I am lost in some place but let me attempt again and see if I am understanding all ok

1 - Reading your recommended link

Yes, for dsdt edits, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

1a - Understanding benefits - Ok
1b- Understanding Before You Start - Ok
1c - Requirements (issues with the point 6)
6. OS X recognized (YES) and enabled graphics (YES, but using the GraphicsEnabler=Yes, no edit in my DSDT) with HDMI codec (???. i think that ... no?)
1d - Understanding Special HDMI Audio Considerations - Ok
1e - Tools - Ok
1f - Mountain Lion Audio ID (I gonna use your recommended AppleHDA.kext) - Ok
1g - Mountain Lion HDMI Audio preparation - Ok and my BIOS supplier is AWARD
1h - Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - dsdt Edit Links - My bios is AWARD then I need open this link http://www.tonymacx86.com/mod-house/70758-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-award-dsdt.html#post438946

2a - Understanding Benefits - Ok
2b - Understanding Before You Start - Ok
2c - Requirements (issues with the point 6)
6. OS X recognized (YES) and enabled graphics (YES, but using the GraphicsEnabler=Yes, no edit in my DSDT) with HDMI codec (???. i think that ... no?)
2d - Understanding Special HDMI Audio Considerations - Ok
2e - Tools - Ok
2f - Mountain Lion Audio ID (I can see 3 points different but I guess that all is related the AppleHDA.kext, if is corrrect then I can mark this like - Ok)
2g
1. See Downloads/ML_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit/-Read Me First- ML_hdmi_audio_dsdt_edits-Award
I guess it is related to the Attachments section .. if is correct then i can mark this like - Ok

2h -
Attachments
1. ML_HDMI Audio Edits - Award dsdts
1a. HD4000_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.zipView attachment 31300
1b. HD3000_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.zipView attachment 31301
1c.

Here is where I am stucked because i can see 3 links. I guess that need download the kit from third link but I can read that is for 5 series Award ... Can I use that for the 6 series? ... Aniway, I apply that fix, restart the machine and my monitor turn off using my HDMI output

Sorry by bother you toleda

Greetings

Okay... i have the HDMI working toleda .. I did a fresh install .... again thanks to you and your patience

I am interested in apply the fix for nVidia graphics card ... Can I do this or I'll have problems with the code HDMI?

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back