Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
Rollodo said:
Nothing - sound is still distorted. Maybe that's the issue I should've explained - it's there, but distorted.
The audio device names are from Voodoo. Next step, clean install.
I was following the guide, saw nothing mentioned for sound at all. Is there a guide somewhere for sound preferences to check when doing the install? I guess I'll be doing Lion now, but haven't bought it yet. You mean all over again from scratch?!

I'm struggling to enable HDMI audio on my SAPPHIRE 6870. :(
Currently using SL 10.6.8, with appleHDA.kext version 1.9.9 on Gigabyte H67MA UD2H b3 F6.
Already done the DSDT edit using toleda's guide but it still not working.

Is there something i missed? :confused:

Many thanks to Toleda for the comprehensive guide. :D

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    15.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IOREG.zip
    629.5 KB · Views: 86
thur said:
I'm struggling to enable HDMI audio on my SAPPHIRE 6870. :(
Currently using SL 10.6.8, with appleHDA.kext version 1.9.9 on Gigabyte H67MA UD2H b3 F6.
Already done the DSDT edit using toleda's guide but it still not working.

Is there something i missed? :confused:

Many thanks to Toleda for the comprehensive guide. :D
Kudos, I can't even edit the DSDT's, feeling lost.

Hey Toleda, so I'm reading this post on Lion and am thinking - maybe I should upgrade? If yes, chances are whatever problems I have with my audio, it'll be more supported in Lion. After all, the more threads I see, the more they deal with Lion, 10.7.2 here and 10.7.3 there. Do you agree that I should upgrade?

Toleda? To-le-da, To-le-da... :wave:

:headbang:

Toleda, you are the man! :thumbup:
The sound works, many many thanks for your help.

Here's what i did:
1. DSDT edit
2. Delete ALC8xxHDA, ALC8xx, 8xxHDAEnabler and any other audio enablers from S/L/E and \E\E
3. Install recommended Lion appleHDA.kext using kext utility
4. Reboot
5. voila!!! enjoy HDMI sound :)

That forum has been moved to legacy so the attachments are inaccessible. Even the links to to supposedly non-legacy threads have also been moved to legacy (even though they were updated just a couple months ago!) Seriously!? What's up with this legacy non-sense?! It's driving me crazy, finding something I can actually download is extremely difficult & time consuming if not downright impossible!

Anyway, will any Lion AppleHDA.kext work in SL? Just the (unnamed/unspecified) version that the above link originally pointed to?

I've got a Sabertooth x58 mobo and a sapphire hd6870 and I'm trying to get HDMI working in 10.6.8- it's been especially frustrating trying to find a solution because of this whole "legacy" ignorance...

Can anyone please help?! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back