Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demystifying HDMI Audio Part 1: Requirements

hedue1988 said:
Hello to all...is it possible to do this with 10.6.8?

The DSDT edits can be done anytime. I can confirm Sapphire 6870 HDMI audio works on 10.6.8.

Which dsdt code to use? is it the "AMD_GE=N-DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete (HD 5870)" ?

toleda said:
hedue1988 said:

The DSDT edits can be done anytime. I can confirm Sapphire 6870 HDMI audio works on 10.6.8.

ariffin said:
Which dsdt code to use? is it the "AMD_GE=N-DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete (HD 5870)" ?

toleda said:
hedue1988 said:

Graphics card? Manufacturer?

Hi,
I'm gonna build a hackintosh with a Radeon 6850/6870 (dunno yet, but they're really similar) The audio codec of motherboard is an ALC899. I know I can use with 10.6.2 AppleHDA, and I don't want that crappy VoodooHDA solution.

Is there any chance to edit the AppleHDA from lion/10.6.8 to work with the onboard ALC899 and keep the compatibility with the discrete card HDMI sound?

And what about onboard HDMI? (Z68 chipset)

Thanks

Flym4n said:
Hi,
I'm gonna build a hackintosh with a Radeon 6850/6870 (dunno yet, but they're really similar) The audio codec of motherboard is an ALC899. I know I can use with 10.6.2 AppleHDA, and I don't want that crappy VoodooHDA solution.

Is there any chance to edit the AppleHDA from lion/10.6.8 to work with the onboard ALC899 and keep the compatibility with the discrete card HDMI sound?

And what about onboard HDMI? (Z68 chipset)

Thanks

Yes. It is preferable to consider a Lion solution for your 889 since 10.6.8 is dead end. I am testing a potential solution and I have seen, though not tested, a couple of other solutions. Regarding HDMI audio , I have the Sapphire 6870 working in both 10.6.8 and Lion with the same kext. I am not aware of any audio issues with Z68 motherboards.

Yes. It is preferable to consider a Lion solution for your 889 since 10.6.8 is dead end. I am testing a potential solution and I have seen, though not tested, a couple of other solutions. Regarding HDMI audio , I have the Sapphire 6870 working in both 10.6.8 and Lion with the same kext. I am not aware of any audio issues with Z68 motherboards.

What kext? Where do I get it? Thanks.

Hi Toleda,

Can you help me:

1- I have a graphics card Asus 8400 GS and onboard sound Realtek 892. Can I make HDMI Audio work with this card? I tested Asus 8400 GS on Windows Server 2008R2 64 bit, it can display full HD and output audio through HDMI cable perfectly.

2- I check version of AppleHDA.kext in System\Library\Extensions is 1.7.9a4. When I update to 10.6.8, in MultiBeast I selected Realtek ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback and ALC892.
How can I put back AppleHDA.kext version 1.9.9?

Cuong,

minhcuong said:
Hi Toleda,

Can you help me:

1- I have a graphics card Asus 8400 GS and onboard sound Realtek 892. Can I make HDMI Audio work with this card? I tested Asus 8400 GS on Windows Server 2008R2 64 bit, it can display full HD and output audio through HDMI cable perfectly.

2- I check version of AppleHDA.kext in System\Library\Extensions is 1.7.9a4. When I update to 10.6.8, in MultiBeast I selected Realtek ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback and ALC892.
How can I put back AppleHDA.kext version 1.9.9?

Cuong,

You double posted. See you other thread.

wow thank. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back