1. iOS
Specs
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660ti
Corsair Vengeance 8gb of RAM
Sandisk 240gb SSD
Sandisk 128gb SSD
(2) 3tb Western Digital HDD (One for Windows, one for Mac)
1tb Western Digital HDD
Asus DVD Drive

I have had this Hackintosh for about a year and have NEVER had this problem since my install is on a SSD.

I was on Mountain Lion 10.8.5. I had the power go out on me last night. I was in the middle of updating Logic Pro if that helps. Starting it up was fine, but turning it off or restarting it stays on a white screen with a turning wheel for a good 5-10min. Most people have reported 20-30sec shutdown times as their "slow" times but mine is a lot longer than that.

I tried a lot of things. I re-ran multibeast, loaded from an old time machine backup, and now I even erased the hard drive and created a clean install of 10.8.2. Same problem. On a different hard drive, I checked my other 10.8.2 install and it had the same problem.

None of the fixes online have worked for me. Deleting caches, repairing disk permissions, etc.

In verbose mode, it got stuck on here for a good 5min before shutting down:
"system: about to call: reboot(RB_HALT)"

Could this be a hardware issue or are there other solutions out there for fixing this?

Thank you.

Specs
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660ti
Corsair Vengeance 8gb of RAM
Sandisk 240gb SSD
Sandisk 128gb SSD
(2) 3tb Western Digital HDD (One for Windows, one for Mac)
1tb Western Digital HDD
Asus DVD Drive

I have had this Hackintosh for about a year and have NEVER had this problem since my install is on a SSD.

I was on Mountain Lion 10.8.5. I had the power go out on me last night. I was in the middle of updating Logic Pro if that helps. Starting it up was fine, but turning it off or restarting it stays on a white screen with a turning wheel for a good 5-10min. Most people have reported 20-30sec shutdown times as their "slow" times but mine is a lot longer than that.

I tried a lot of things. I re-ran multibeast, loaded from an old time machine backup, and now I even erased the hard drive and created a clean install of 10.8.2. Same problem. On a different hard drive, I checked my other 10.8.2 install and it had the same problem.

None of the fixes online have worked for me. Deleting caches, repairing disk permissions, etc.

Could this be a hardware issue or are there other solutions out there for fixing this?

Thank you.
Does your console messages reveal anything that could be the problem?

If I posed my log, would that help?

In verbose mode, it got stuck on here for a good 5min before shutting down:
"system: about to call: reboot(RB_HALT)"

When I tried to restart rather than shut down on Verbose mode, this is what I got:

Code:
com.apple.lanchd   1   com.apple.securityd   15   Exit timeout elapsed (1 seconds). Killing
com.apple.lanchd   1   com.apple.launchd.peruser.501   0   Job was last to exit during shutdown of: System.
com.apple.lanchd   1   com.apple.launchd   1   System: Userspace shutdown finished at: Sat Sep 28 20:56:31 2013
com.apple.lanchd   1   com.apple.launchd   1   System: Userspace shutdown took approximately 4 seconds.
com.apple.lanchd   1   com.apple.launchd   1   System: Stray process at shutdown: PID 156 PPID 1 PHID 156 UserEventAgent
com.apple.lanchd   1   com.apple.launchd   1   System: Sending SIGTERM to PID 156 and continuing...
com.apple.lanchd   1   com.apple.launchd   1   System: About to call: reboot (RB_AUTOBOOT).

Then it stopped for a good few min and then:

Code:
en1: BSSID changed to c8:3a:35:57:a2:a8
en1::IO80211Interface:poatMessage bssid changed
AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en1

Then it stopped another few min and it showed a few other lines of text but quickly shut down after.

I'm brand new to the hackintosh crowd; but my machine was acting weird, iTunes in particular (I had some major permission problems, my fault since I was copying stuff over from a PowerPC compatible hard drive.)

Anyway, I booted off the Unibeast USB and ran the installer and then opened disk utility checked all the drives and then did a permission repair (after a verify) on my boot drive. Been running great ever since. It is possible that the install borked some permissions. In fact this has been a problem on real Macs forever.

-mark

Hm you know what? I did copy my iTunes library from my MacBook AND am unable to fix permissions on the disk utility. That could be the issue.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back