Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that the Targus ACB10US1 USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter works OOB. It's available at Amazon and on ebay. Look at my i7-875K / P55M-UD4 build description for setting up the Energy Saver pane in System Preferences.

However, I'm using the BT now for only the Magic Mouse. I've recently got a Logitech K750 Solar Unify KB Mac Edition which I like so much better than the current Apple KBs. eelshead wrote a good review on it here: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=34371&hilit=Logitech

If I could find a Logitech Unify mouse that works like an Apple Magic Mouse, I'd be good to go.

aFlockOfMoosen said:
edgeonaboat said:
I deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext like sugjested and ran kext utility, now i get a kernal panic on boot. how can i fix this. can i restore if i plug into another pc and move the kext back into place? something? bootflags? HELP!

You should be able to boot with iBoot... fish that kext out of your trash and put it back using a Kext Installer! Don't forget to repair permissions with MB <-- this may actually be your problem if you forgot to do this after deleting the kext.

I'm, running Lion via unibeast. how do i get to the part where i could even do any kind of repair perissions and stuff. I was able to plug the drive into another pc andmove the file (i backed it up to my desktop thankfully) back into plce, but still wont boot.

I've found that the Targus ACB10US1 USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter works OOB. It's available at Amazon and on ebay. Look at my i7-875K / P55M-UD4 build description for setting up the Energy Saver pane in System Preferences.

I have ordered the Targus Dongle as you suggested, hoping it works better than the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833340012, the AZiO.

However I still have this problem that I have to UNPLUG my Apple USB Keyboard and Mouse after returning from sleep in order to get them working again.

Has anyone a fix or suggestion for correcting that problem - which I've seen others report?

This.

Code:
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>

My /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist is the above. I believe that is what you recommend in your other post. This Hachintosh started with a CustomBeast from Tony Mac.

Do I have a mistake in org.chameleon.Boot.plist? I don't see it.

Thanks for the advice by the way.

tecemac,
Your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file appears to be fine. Now what have you got checked off in your Energy Saver Preference pane? Is it like the one I have in my i7-875K/P55M-UD4 build description?

Yes I believe my Energy Saver selections are correct:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-20 at 10.04.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-20 at 10.04.12 PM.png
    68 KB · Views: 450
[SOLVED] Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Stork said:

However, I'm using the BT now for only the Magic Mouse. I've recently got a Logitech K750 Solar Unify KB Mac Edition which I like so much better than the current Apple KBs. eelshead wrote a good review on it here: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=34371&hilit=Logitech

If I could find a Logitech Unify mouse that works like an Apple Magic Mouse, I'd be good to go.

Stork,

I just got my Targus ACB10US1 BT Dongle in the mail. Took out the old BT Azio dongle, replaced with Targus. Booted system. It asked me to identify keyboard (? which is a Apple USB 102 keys). Said I was to press the key to the right of the left hand shift key, which is Z. I did. Said it couldn't identify keyboard. Repeated this process several times all with same failure. Eventually I told it to skip the ID, next screen offered a choice of standards (Euro/Japan/ANSI). Select ANSI and told it that it was an Apple keyboard.
Then attempted to discover the Apple BT trackpad, which after several failed attempts finally paired. I rebooted.

Trackpad seen automatically on reboot. Put the system to sleep.

Hit the power button on case. Woke from sleep. Said it was searching for trackpad after a couple of seconds. 3 or 4 seconds later it saw the trackpad. Cursor moved!. Keyboard worked!

Sleep is working, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes input devices not seen or recognized for 4 to 6 seconds, but what the heck!

Thank you, thank you for the advice and help Stork.

Now on to HDMI audio.

Anyone know how to fix a failure to recognize my HP printer/scanner, which I have posted in a separate thread?

jaydeff said:
Hello, I've been reading around these forums for a couple of days now and haven't seen anything posted already about a solution to my sleep problems.

Basically my computer goes to sleep fine, and when I click my mouse or press a key on my keyboard the computer and everything powers up (hard drive spins, fan turns on, lights turn on and everything) except that my monitor won't display anything at all so I have do a hard reset and reboot the whole machine. I've tried tons of things to fix this but nothing has been working. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated :).
I think this problem is because of the graphic card you're using, I have a similar one (AMD HD 6670) and my display doesn't wake up after sleep, but my CPU does. Wonder if we could try sleepenabler.kext ?

oRISHi said:
I think this problem is because of the graphic card you're using, I have a similar one (AMD HD 6670) and my display doesn't wake up after sleep, but my CPU does. Wonder if we could try sleepenabler.kext ?

Hmm. That could be. I have the batmobile 5770, but when I tried sleepenabler.kext, I didn't notice any change. I'm using the DSDT from Tonymac with the Lion Multibeast, for what it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back